Celebrity water skiers?

jcamp

• Baller

Can anyone think of famous people who like to water ski?

I've got:

Joe Perry (Aerosmith)

Enrique Iglesias

Alan Jackson

AJ Kitt (former US ski team member)

Cigarette Smoking Man (X-files)

Anybody any good?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
Lots of alpine snow skiers are water skiers, but none that I know of are super great they just do it as an off-season sport. Not a celebrity outside of World Cup ski racing really, but Erin Mielzynski of Canada, who won a world cup slalom this year was/is a pretty high level 3-eventer. She comes from a snow ski/waterski family in Ontario. The Mahre brothers, Phil and Steve, were pretty into slalom water skiing back in the day. Maybe still are. Bruce Jenner was a 3-eventer as a kid. I remember reading an article about his early water ski days in the Water Skier (I think) in the '70s.

• Baller

@Horton

No joke I think there is a college age kid who runs serious balls and has been in some big movies.

You know the kid who was in that movie about the stuff.

How did you know about my acting career? I never tell anyone about it.

• Baller

X files guy is Bill Davis, a cool Cdn dude I used to see at tournaments up in Muskoka (Bala Ontario, Bush's place).

Ted Ligety always likes a slalom shot. So does Eric Lindros.

Erin Mielzynski will be a well-known celebrity soon--she has more World Cup wins in her. She was (is) a super talented slalom skier who I am sure will resurface sooner or later.

• Baller

Apparently Alabama football coach Nick Saban enjoys strapping one on occasionally:

“I try to enjoy life,” Saban said. “I still waterski. I ride them jet skis as fast as they’ll go, and every two years, I get the fastest ones they make to replace the last ones. Every year, Miss Terry [saban’s wife, Terry Saban] has a fit, but that’s just the way it goes.”

• Baller

@brody Robin Reghr plays for hte Buffalo Sabres, formerly a Calgary Flame. Wish he was on the leafs lol

the coach for the Detroit Red Wings, Mike Babcock is an excellent Slalom skier, and can or could run some shortline. There are a number of other hockey players that ski, or used to.

• Baller
The late 3-time Formula 1 World Champion Ayrton Senna (widely regarded as the best of all time) is shown in a few clips in the movie 'Senna' on a slalom ski (not in the course) and double trick skis. Seemed reasonable on both.

www.swervetracker.com

• Baller

I’m friends with Austin Nichols parents and his mom told me that Austin Nichols was on the US Jr. Waterski team and won overall at the Pan Am games.

Austin went to the Masters twice, and was ranked 5th in the World Jr. level. As a side note his mom, Kay Nichols is a 17 time National Trick Champion, Women 5 national trick record holder and currently ranked 1st in the world in women 6 tricks. Austin was "John" in the shortlived HBO show "John from Cinncinnati" and I believe he's now in a show called "One Tree Hill".