Skidawg runs 36 long line

Horton

• Baller

@skidawg Thanks for filming this. I notice that the engine does not seem to be reacting anywhere near the same as a short line. I am assuming that this is zero off or SG with a Z-box because of the beeps at every buoy. Being as I am fighting to get any consistency at 15 off at any speed above 30 MPH I was wondering if you felt the load you applied was more even from the end of the turn out to the apex of the next. In the shortline videos it appears that the load is on through the wakes and then quickly off after the second wake. Or is it just that you never really need to load the boat as -15 off is pretty easy load wise. Any thoughts would be insightful.

• Baller
Do you have any video of you shortline skiing behind the same boat? I know the LL was for fun but it might be informative for us LL skies to see how different the 2 types of skiing appear to be. I video all of my passes and can say that I have a hard time relating what I think I am doing, to what I am actually doing against what I see SL skiers doing. The fundamentals are probably the same and I need to works those but the application of them seems to be quite different. Thanks and sorry for high jacking the thread. I to love the ending reminds me that it's still all about having fun.

• Baller

@colo_skier ...We shot hours of GoPro and boat video at Cottonwood a week and a half ago. A friend of ours is editing and compiling a short D3 vid. It was all shot behind the centurian. There should be some good stuff from several execellent skiers for you to check out. It will be on the Front page when I get it. Stay Tuned.

@MS good advice not to ski like me! It can be pretty physical at times :)

• Administrators
If you have not seen Dawg ski you do not understand what is possible in terms of turn and burn. The phrase BallOfSpray maybe was invented looking at photos of Dawg falling at 6 balls in a row and running the pass.

Goode ★ KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki ★ Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

Nice work @skidawg ! When I was in college I pulled Jay Paredes who ran 4@39 off the dock, he then wanted to try long line his very next pass....and ran 4 buoys....that told me that it was a very hard pass, I'm staying away from it--- although whilst standing on the starting dock at Nationals, I briefly thought about asking for it, as any line length would have netted the same result

• Baller
the trick is not running it, the trick is running it the first time! If you throw enough bones in the yard a blind dog will eventually find one, but it will take a while, My guess is MS will run it after 4 tries, Shane 6!