Back Pain (Upper/Middle) when pulling

PeterLasco

Hey guys,

I'm experiencing upper/middle back problems, dunno where it is located, but every time I pull on my offside, I feel like someone is stabbing me a knife. Example: I am right footer, and from ball 1 to ball 2, I feel great pressure on my left side of the back, causing me to let the rope go. After the pass it hurts like hell for the next hour, than it kind of sleeps feeling still pain but not so hard. And also, if i breathe deeply, I feel the same knife.

Anyone has some suggestions on what to do or if you've experienced it, what have you done? thank you

I think it all happened at 32off holding on to the rope on a huge slack. I went to the doctor and he told me to continue skiing and recommend me pain killers and physio. Normally my big slacks come on ball 1 3 5 when I change edges late (which looks simple and its not).

• Baller

Keep in mind that about 0.00001% of doctors really understand what you mean when you say slalom skiing.

I'd for sure get to a message therapist AND a chiropractor before doing any more skiing. And given the acute nature of the pain, I think I'd push for an MRI if anybody can make a reasonable guess as to where to look with one.

I live in the Dominican Republic. Professional water ski is not very known around here so I know doctors have no clue at all what is happening. The information you guys gave me about the RIB is very useful (thank you). I am going to consider doing both: Magnetic Resonance Imaging and X-ray. But there is something curious... anti inflammatory / muscle relaxer- kill my pain. If it was a rib, would anti inflammatory do the same thing?

Hey some docs and surgeons know alot about skiing. 1 year ago as I was in pre-op getting prepped for double patella surgery I started discussing how important it was to me up 100%. After explaining what I loved to do the surgeon explains how he skis with the family on a near by lake. As the world started to spin my last words were thats my lake too! We chatted alot after it was over the following day in my room. The deal we made, you teach me how to walk again and I'll teach you how to ski the course! Peter my guess a pulled or torn tendon or ligament, good luck to you.