I may have chosen a midlife crisis

Than_Bogan

• Baller

I think I need to grow a long -- so long I can braid it? -- ridiculuos goatee.

Not only will I look like a Dwarf just in time for The Hobbit, but it should look extra-ridiculous trailing behind me in the slalom course!

So if you're likely to see me this summer, consider yourself warned...

• Baller

Heh, that's a Warforged. There's nothing more credible than a Warforged! :) And even more so a Lawful Good one like Vrol...

I actually like the concept of an "icon" as opposed to a "picture," so I doubt I'll be changing that any time soon.

• Baller

So yesterday, the founder of Cognex (my employer) saw me for the first time in a while. He says:

"Wow, that is the most fake looking actual beard I have ever seen."

I haven't posted a picture lately, but I think I'll be appearing for a few seconds in a Goode video that is coming out soonish. I'll try to remember to link to it.

• Baller

The Goode video is up. If you only want to see the current state of my Ridiculous Goatee, it's at about 10:54.

I'm curious to hear this at home with sound. I don't appear to move my mouth, so perhaps they had to dub in somebody else saying Amazing because of sound quality problems? Or maybe I'm a really good ventriloquist!?

• Baller

Beard Update! I am now able to braid it, although it's kinda weird how what looks like a whole lotta hair disappears into a scrawny little braid. This may be because some spots seem to grow way faster than others, so the longest part is actually pretty thin.

I'll be extending this midlife crisis just a bit longer, to see if it eventually gets any thicker.

I have recently been threatened at work with a Beard Intervention, though...

Only my youngest daughter (age 8) seems to actually like it.

P.S. My beard may now officially be more egregious than Horton's hair.

• Baller

@Texas6 True, but my first (and so far only) successful -38 in a tournament came in 2011, before the beard. So I think I'll be OK without it. I may just barely carry it into the new season for the amusement of trailing a silly beard behind me as I fly accross the wakes. But it won't go much beyond that.

@SkiJay Maybe picture eventually. I am very lazy with that sort of thing.

• Baller

@Than_Bogan, you've gone this far with it, you may as well let it grow out to 10" and then you can cut it and donate to Locks of Love (I think that's the name). They take hair donations for cancer patients. Not sure if they accept facial hair or not.

• Baller

Since somebody bumped this, it reminded me that it's gone now. I had a nice absurd braided goatee for watching The Hobbit, and then I didn't feel like there anything left to do with it. To get a really heavy, long braid looks like it would take many years, and I'm not quite all-in on that.

Shaved Dec 26th. I have a few shave-day pictures that I keep meaning to do something with, but probably will keep forgetting...

• Baller
Every few years I have a midlife crisis and think I need to own a 400+ hp German car. Thankfully there is a good used market for them. I am currently several years removed from my MB C55 AMG. With kids going to college, I'm afraid that particular midlife crisis is unlikely to be satisfied again anytime soon!

sounds like a great midlife crisses if you can aford it have been thinking of a harley to go with the ktm300 and old ski boat but have to stop somewhere but am only a poor blue colour worker but toys matter i reckon don t give up on the idear you only live once