Boat insurance

bhs

• Baller

Have used Ski Safe for years but is there any one out there cheaper? I remember reading somewhere on a USAWS thread that they had found a company for half the price but can't remember the name.

I did some shopping based on that thread, it appears that they all seem to run fairly close considering the value of of your gear... Boat US, Ski Safe, and Global Marine were all < 75.00 apart for me. The difference I saw was how much coverage on my personal gear they offered. I stayed with Ski Safe since I had already been with them a few years. The exception to this was I did shop my home/auto (Farm Bureau) and they about 400.00 higher per year than anyone else... I carry the 500K liability,500 deductibles, 35000 on boat, and 4000 on trailer and pay 425.00 a year. I did see others who were paying less than this on newer boats than mine so I dont know what other factors come in to play... Maybe years of operation?

• Baller
After those 2 , just call you local independent insurance agent. He'll have several companies that write boat insurance and will tell you if he can beat them. Independent agents search for the best companies with the best rates. If it's being used in tourneys, make sure they know about it.

Global is the only one that covers tournament use with a relatively comprehensive policy. I had Progressive and State Farm before, but the exclusions were a mile-wide. Read the fine print - it is worth the time. 2008 MC - $374 per year with liability limits that match my umbrella policy.