Monsoon engine alarm

rfa

• Baller

Who can save me a trip to the closest dealer (not that close)? Just put the boat (2008 LXi) in the water from winter storage and got an "Engine fault/Service Required display... i followed the manual instructions and was able to get the fault code...."Oxy heater B2 SPN 442CM 0 - voltage short or above normal rng FMI 3 OC 6". i get that it is an emissions control issue and am wondering (hoping) i can somehow diagnose/reset w/o taking to repair. cannot find any fuses that relate to the emissions system, nor have any idea what to look for...any thoughts? Much appreciated!

All major operating parameters (Temps/voltage/oil pressure) are fine

rui

• Baller
I don't know on a boat but on a car that's the heating element inside the oxygen sensor. Replace sensor. B2 is bank 2 so whatever side cylinder is on replace that sensor. Its in the exhaust sewhere.o2 sensors don't work under 600the degrees hence the heater. .. at least on a car....

• Baller
Thank you @skier2788 and @rodb! Yes the motor goes into a safety mode...I spoke to Indmar and they said the '08 sensors were problematic...presumably changed them in '09. they said the fix might be a bit more complex than i might be able/qualified to do. Is the "20 cent" part easy to install?

• Baller

it is an easy fix. u cut the wires to the sensors and put resister in its place. not sure of the exact part. call malibu they can tell u. i bought 5 for $1 at radio shack. never had a problem again. the resister needs to be a certain om, not sure what #. call the factory ask for denis kelly, he knows this stuff inside and out.