Orlando ski schools

fu_man

• Baller

I'm going to be in Orlando in June and would like your feedback regarding the various ski schools and coaches in that area. I am making progress in the course although I don't get to ski it as often as I'd like. I am making progress at -15 30-32mph currently working my way to 34mph. I have skied with Lucky a bunch of times and will likely ski with him again later this summer. That being the case, I'm thinking about checking out another site/coach. To be clear, I like Lucky as a coach and I've learned a lot from him so I'm not opposed to just sticking with him. I just thought a different flavor might be cool.

I am aware that Swiss, Jack Travers, and the Wilson bros are all in the area. Any I've missed? I am going to start with the assumption that all of these are good options so I'd like your feedback. Which places do you like? Why? Which coaches do you like? Why? Describe their coaching style. How did they help you? I have read some good things on this site about the Wilson bros coaching. Please elaborate.

I'll start....I like Lucky because of his passion for the sport. He genuinely wants to see you succeed and doesn't care what level you are at. I would consider him the type of coach that is going to throw lots of ideas at you. Some you'll get immediately, some won't sink in until next week. He will chew you out when he knows you can do better so be prepared and wear your thick skin. Finally, you'll always leave with a story to tell your ski buddies.

• Baller

@fu_man The coaches you listed are great options.

I would highly recommend Jodi Fisher. He is in Winter Garden. He is one great coach and a great guy to be around. I have been skiing with him for years, I spent all of last summer working and skiing with him. check out jodisskiskool.com

• Baller
I think a coach with passion for the sport is Brooks Wilson. I would reccomend going to him, hes a great coach and a great person. Some pro skiers can ski but they cant coach, Brooks can coach and does it very well. Sometimes Im too serious about my skiing and he keeps it fun so I can have a clear mind. Brooks is focused during coaching and gives you 1 or 2 things to work on. I didnt run 32off/36 all last season until Brooks watched me ski. Im going down there in 3 weeks to ski with him again.