What are you working on to improve your skiing this year?

mrpreuss

I am wondering what other skiers work on to improve their skiing?

I hope to ski more this year an work on improving my skiing speed and connection to the boat in the transition thru the reconnect to the handle after the turn.

In addition I hope to be able to ski more.

Last year I was only able to ski once a week through states and then I was unable to ski again.

• Baller
I have been working on handle control like many of you...but want to improve my ability to run out-bound post release of the handle. Picking up 6-12 inches of width would make a huge difference. I'm also going for a wider pull out.

• Baller
shoulders level and square, trailing arm pressure thru the wakes as well as visually picking up the boat/boat guides as I pass behind the boat and last but not least, slow down my reconnect back to the handle. Oh ya, can't forget this one, elbows in tight out to the buoy line. How the hell am i supposed to remember all this crap!!!

• Baller

A few things:

(1) Running around 3/4 of all attempted passes; if muscle memory is key then I'll need to practice doing things right and finishing most passes. This will mean running more of my lower passes but as the old saying goes, 'you have to slow down to speed up.'

(2) Running each pass twice before shortening the line; '1 time is luck, 2 is skill.'

(3) Wide gates with a progressive turn-in; 'Why not give yourself the best chance you can to run it?'

(4) Trailing-arm pressure and keeping upper body quiet over the ski throughout the pass.

• Baller

Setting up for my gate outside the course.

Still trying to figure out handle control. This year hoping to add an element of staying low and down after the centerline, but not really "pulling" at that point. I believe this may be a key to extreme shortlines, to allow the geometry of the rope to take you out to the buoy on time and wide but without generating excessive speed into the ball.

As if you can't tell, I don't quite understand what I'm talking about yet. But I've seen a lot of pros and top Big Dawgers are doing something like this, so I'm going to try to learn something about it this year.