New Ski???

EF23

HO S2 / X7 / Strada??

I'm looking into these skis. I ski 34 @ 22 / mid 32 @ 205lbs. I do tend to move around to much on the ski, and would love some suggestions on which ski to try? Also, my current ski is a 9900 standard, which I've been very happy with.

Thank You! :)))

• Baller_
I have an S2 but 66.5 You will need the next size up. Speaking directly to one of the R&D guys that built that ski, the next size up 67.5 was not good. Flex is all wrong for 2012. If you find yourself moving around a lot, I would get off the Goode and onto a Strada. It's stable for movers and shakers IMHO. If your happy with the Goode and it doesn't dump you when you move around, your probably not moving around. If that's the case, HO Coefficient X sl, which comes in your size, will operate similar to the Goode (smallish sweet spot) but rewords stable still skiing in SPADES. Stupid wide, effortless speed and if you want more angle it allows you to get it. On top of that its a hell of a lot of fun to ride. Gets sketchy at 38. Small sweet spot seems to get really small. Don't know about the Fusion. Hate to even try it now and realize the one I didn't test I should have.

Ef23, I saw the d3 ad in waterski mag which said "ski d3 for free.". I decided to call, & I spoke with Paul Crofford. He explained the x7, and the fusion to me. He shipped a 69 x7, and a 68 fusion. I was fully expecting that if I liked one, it would be the x7. I rode up the lake at 34 mph, & back at 28mph, to simulate running the course. To my surprise, the fusion handled 28mph as good or better than the x7. Plus, the fusion just seemed more fun. I went with my gut, fun instinct & bought the fusion. I was planning on trying an s2, but I never did. I am very happy with the fusion, and having a great time.

• Baller

I agree with keeping the 9900, simply a great ski. But I would also suggest buying some calipers and carefully examining where your fin is. Make small adjustments to try and correct the problem. You will be amazing how big of a difference a couple thousandths does to a ski. Same with the bindings.

Since is the beginning of the season, I would suggest going back to stock settings on everything and go from there.

Skidawg, I was told if you move around a bit, I wouldn't like the fusion? What about the X7, People have said that ski will feel like a dog? seems odd, as I just watched Nate Smith run 41 with a 25mph crosswind, Insane!!!!!!!

• Baller

X7 is gonna feel better at 36mph; I move around quite a bit also, no problems on the fusion; I

Switched this spring and it has been the easiest start I've had in years of skiing. It's fast, forgiving and makes me smile every time I ski!

• Baller
EF, first things first.........Nate is a freak. No one can duplicate how easy he skis. That said, the X7 rides super deep in the water. Everyone I know who's tried it at 34 said it was too much work. I'd say Dawg nailed it saying it's better at 36. One of my ski partners got off his Elite(like Dawg), which is considered a very fast, low effort ski, and onto a Fusion and has not complained once about it being slow or more effort.

Makes sense Shane. What I would like is a more forgiving ski with regard to weight distrubution in the turns. My 9900 is great, I've been on it for two years and wouldn't mind trying something new! Sounds like the Fusion would be a great choice.

I'm not a great skier (can just squeak into 32 off @ 34 mph on a v good day) but for what it's worth I tried the S2, Strada and Fusion a few weeks ago.

Coming off a senate C, I absolutely hated the S2 - seemed really unforgiving to me and I disliked it so much I only gave it 1 set. In contrast I loved both the strada and the fusion. Strada is quicker, both are really stable and forgiving, but I chose the fusion in the end because it just turns and turns even if you stamp on it.

• Baller_

IMHO the S2 needs to be ridden with boots forward one hole. Seemed to open it up into that which is describe above - effortless and user friendly. Boots at stock shrunk the sweet spot and had dufficulty gaining any angle off the ball. Seems counterintuitive but it also sped up the ski. Spoke with one of the guys listed as R&D on the S2 vid on front page month ago. His opinion 67.5 was it's not at optimal flex yet. Guessing they r still working on it and most likely focused attention on the 66.5 considering all skiers listed in vid ski that size. He also added the pros did NOT like it at 36. Well, back to dock maintenance. Presure treated lumber and galvanized screws do not last forever. Bummer!

I was on the 67.5 and the bindings were at stock so that might explain why I felt so uncomfortable. Having said that, my technique leaves a lot to be desired and I'm sure the ski would be great in more accomplished hands- just didn't work for me.

• Administrators

NOTE ON ALL SKI TESTING

Remember that the center hole on your bindings may not put your binding at stock. I rode the S2 today. With my bindings I was forward of center hole to get to stock.

When testing skis you really need to measure and get to factory stock to learn anything.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller_
I have two sets on a A-2 66.5. Feels good seems to work very easy to stay on top of and it is very predictable also Deep water starts seem easier however to me it seems slow in the acceleration faze. Not the rocket ship that the strada is. Might try a 67.5 later in the week Also have a 9960 coming.