Horton , 34 @ 15off cold

thager

• Administrators

Ok this is getting silly. My attempt has been delayed for a week so US GEAR the Official Sponsor of the "34 @ 15off cold Challenge" can get me a special rope.

I swear on Dave Smart's life that I will not ski any line lengths longer that 28 off until between now that the official "34 @ 15off cold" attempt.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

@ Chuck Dickey. Actually I'm against him. If he runs it I'm out 20.00$

If he blows it he says he pays the charity. See Hortons quote below.

Ok I am taking all bets but if you guys lose you will donate. If I lose I will donate the total. Who is going to keep track. @MattP ?

• Baller

I am only willing to put in to the pot if Horton heads off the dock at beginner speed. 46kmh@18.25! I tried it recently to understand how I should help my wife when I am trying to coach. Wasn't pretty.

cheers

Ali

• Administrators

@Ali I need to do the 15 off 34 mph first. Then I am sure I will waste a whole ride faster and slower for you viewing pleasure.

As usual I am more entertaining than good.

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

Oh Horton! Oh Horton! 2 ball is waiting to trip you up!!! Doubt and uncertainty are creeping into your head. At least if it can get past that dang hair! Think of all the dumb things that can happen.

MISS the GATE, FALL, MISS the HANDLE, OTF, OVERTURN, POP the HANDLE, BIFF

• Baller

JTH,

Put the rope at 15 off @ 34 just for chuckles tonight. I usually start at 22. Piece of cake. NOT!!!! Out the front going to three ball into the weeds near shore, Have fun! Don't give it a thought. Calm as a cool summer breeze. Yah right!!!! Can't wait for the butterflies? Rubber legs, dry heaves and thirsty mouth?? HaHaHaHa Ha Ha Ha Ha Haaaaaaa!!!!!

OK, that was creepy!! Good luck!!!!

• Administrators

My rope starts at 28. I when my new rope from US Gear gets here I will turn on the video camera and that will be there first and last time I think about it.

You can not freak me out unless you raise the stakes. Lets say You sweetened the pot by $200...

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

C'mon @Horton, you should be able to ride behind the boat thru the gates, bust out to one ball and run it.

I think on Gordon Rathbun's slalom w/Andy he rides behind the boat thru the gates at 38 and runs it. Sick!

• Baller
@ Horton So many things too think about! Such an easy run. Horton's subconscious will find a way to screw it up. Only 3 days to go??? Don't screw up the gate. Don't go to early. Don't go too late. Don't over-pull. Don't Under-pull. Don't overturn but don't under-turn. Don't miss the the handle. Don't go out the front. Don't dirty your shorts! The possibilities are endless, : ) No pressure, just humiliation!

• Baller

@ JTH 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2ball, 2ball, 2ball, 2ball, 2ball, 2ball, 2ball, 2ball, 2ball, 2ball,

2ball-biff, 2ball-biff 2ball-biff, 2ball-biff 2ball-biff,

2at18.25@34 2at18.25@34 2at18.25@34 2at18.25@34 2at18.25

As someone who still struggles with 15@34, I don't see how a shortline skier could miss, maybe take away his 55's to make it more like a true hackers course? Eitherway, I'm in for $20, if you want I could post up some video of me that Horton could study on how to properly screw up 15 off.

• Baller
@Horton If 6balls had a video camera last weekend you could all be laughing at me! My second day of skiing and first in the course. Put it on 22 off and missed by running over the 6 ball first pass. Second pass ran over the 2. Third pass I turned in for the gate, pulled too deep and buried myself into the wakes at the gate. I don't recall EVER having a day like that!!! Told them to shorten to 28 and then everything was right in the world again. But don't let that get in your head!