Knee Bracing

Stevie Boy

• Baller
Ok after surgery the recovery is going well, considering the extent of the surgery, a part from building a bit more muscle its about as good as it is going to get, I am right foot forward and it was my left knee that was operated on, there is no specific knee brace that will help my knee, but I am considering using one, just to help it out a little or protect it from any further injury or twisting, we are talking about my trailing leg, my concerns are that if I wear a brace, it may well be more of a nuisance than help if it catches the water, any thoughts or recommendations ( I have short legs ) lol !

• Baller_
I had an ACL replaced in 2003. I had one of the best in the buis do my repair and he said that there is no such thing as a knee brace that will prevent any damage. It may even be worse as you have a false sense of security and push things to far.

I went thru the same deal with double surgery, Jan. 2011. I skied all last summer 4 months after surgery. Never wore any braces but I was VERY carefull not to hot dog and fall. Pretend your a beginer all over again. Your body will tell you when to turn it on, dont push it! You will appreciate the fun of skiing all over again.

• Baller
I'm missing most of the inner half (medial side?) of the meniscus in my right knee. I'm LFF and I wear an "offsetter" type full metal brace on my right knee (shifts some of the load off the inside part of the joint) and I can definitely tell the difference with and without. Although I guess this isn't the same exact issue Stevieboy asked about. As far as how it affects skiing, I do have to be more consious to keep my knees together and in line but the difference in support is definitely physically noticable. Otherwise not an issue.