Diet Mountain Dew is not tasty

Than_Bogan

• Baller

Just sayin'.

Also, let this be a reminder that this is a good time of year to focus on reducing weight, even if it may cost a little bit of muscle.

In the -35/-38 neighborhood, each pound of body mass brings very roughly 3 pounds of extra force you have to hold.

I'm a pretty skinny dude, so I hope it doesn't come off as obnoxious to bring this reminder. But at this time of year I typically need to drop between 3 and 5 pounds for optimal competition weight, and I feel even that makes a noticeable difference.

So it's on my mind and I thought I'd share.

• Baller
Should rename this thread "all soda tastes nasty"! They're all poison to the system. I quit drinking that crap last year, and feel much better, as well as trimmed down. Now if I could stop drinking Honeyweiss, I could leave any sense of a hangover in the past as well!

• Baller
@Than Bogan I heard someone say once that losing 5 pounds is good for 2 buoys. If I am down 30 pounds when I get in the course and my PB was 2@35 that should get me into 39 off :) Nice to dream about but I am not counting on it. Right now I will be happy getting back into 35.

• Baller

so if I lose my head, ~8% of body mass, my weight goes down to ~167lbs.

Should ski lights out then, especially if nothing with which to think or the "XX" element interfering with focused efforts.

skiing mindlessly without a head just might be the answer.

:)

• Baller
Lightest I've been since I was 18 going into a waterski season. Have competed muscle bound at as much as 225...entering this season at 186 and suspect summer will peel a few more lbs. Graduated high school at 182...kinda scary. Last year came in at about 195, finished close to 185 w/best season in a long time.

• Baller
Amen to that Matt! I save $100's per year not drinking soda. I tried a sip of my bride's Sprite a while back, and couldn't believe how thick and sugary it was. You won't miss soda once you quit drinking it. In fact, you'll be repulsed by it.