Dawg's & Their Ski's

Stevie Boy

• Baller
Ah Ha ! this maybe a bit controversial, based on the post about CP and the AM ski, obviously skier's are waiting for a glimpse of the new ski and video of CP or Andy skiing on it, but Guy's you got to remember give CP a log with bindings on it and it,s going to look good, would ski companies be better off promoting ski,s based on testimonials by respected skiers of lower ability as well as Pro skiers, I suspect the ski that the Pro Skier are on is considerably different from the one you buy from a dealer, with a very different binding & fin setup, ask yourself this question is this superduper ski that the Pro ski's on right for you, if you ski into 28 off do you need a ski that is capable of 41 off ? or is it psychological, to have the same ski as a pro, JEFF RODGERS is skiing on a ski that was designed and built, who knows how long ago, but he can still do the business, how long ago did Andy Mapple set the World Record, that was not beaten for some time, what ski was he on then, the record has only moved on one bouy since.

• Baller
I don't think the skis the pros are using are all that different now. Maybe 5+ years ago they were. But not any longer. That said, at any given time a pro or sponsored skier might be on a test ski for a future product or revision. Not to mention, almost all the pros(with the exception of the aforementioned Rogers) will tell you their fin numbers. THAT is where things will differ. For a given ski, the skier running into 39 and 41 off will typically have different fin and binding setup than someone running 28.

• Baller_
I remember when OBrien had skies with the slideable plate at the front of the ski to adjust stiffness infront of the boots. After purchasing said ski and seeing Andy at a pro tour stop with the same one, I was excited that I was on the same ski. Closer inspection showed his metal plate was nothing more then a painted graphic. I think some skiers do get special skies. But most likely not the Dawgs.

• Baller

When the EP Stilletto came out, I think there was a lot of paint and decals applied to that in the pro ranks, so I had been told a long time ago. Nowadays, I think very little of that goes on.

The one pro that was hindered by brand loyalty was probably Cox, although he probably made a boat load of bucks. The Phantom/Truth skis were not premier skis in my mind and a huge step backward from their CDX and XTR(?) models. I always wondered what he would have run on a 9100.