sans

block

Tried a 68" Sans SR-1 this weekend. First tried it at standard settings with a .80 4 hole Obrien Elite fin; could not turn it. The ski kept going outbound no matter how hard I tried to turn it. I changed to 6.92 ,2.443, .73 ,

Wow, the ski was very good. It gets more angle than my 68.5 Elite and is very fast . I feel more pressure in the pull than I do on my Elite but I am very early for the next ball. It seems to go outbound to apex very well.

I just ran 22 and 28's , it was a little too aggressive, I think it will be better as the line gets shorter. Might add a litttle depth and try again.

I ride a 66" SR2, with the carbon fin on stock settings + a front ventral. My front binding is just forward of the recommended binding placement line on the ski.

I cannot fault the ski, it seems to match my technique perfectly.

I'm a full pass better on this ski vs my old Sixam SS (14m @ 58kph). Sure it is fast, but I love how much confidence it gives you in the turn - I can't think of an area you could improve the ski. It's awesome.

When I open water skied after I first got the ski I struggled with the pre-turn, as I couldn't get my head around the extra speed I was generating through the wakes. This would result in me trying to initiate the edge change too early, and copping a heap of slack rope. But now I've got used to the speed and use better handle control in the edge change, it's unreal.

I should also note that the ski cost me double the money of the usual retail price, as my wife demanded that if I get a new ski, she gets a thermomix (cooking machine).

Even at $4000, it's worth every penny!

@ShaneH I can understand your pain, I only weigh 152 lbs, so the 66" is perfect for me. It is a shame they don't also make a 67 and 69, though maybe you could try a 66" SR1 - as the stiffer flex could suit your weight better.

I did notice that compared to my old 66" Sixam, the SR2 is slightly smaller (both in width and length).