How many passes/sets do you give a "change"

501Brandon

After making a fin, wing, binding, or any adjustment at all, how long do you typically go to ensure it is the adjusment and not just skiing great/poor?

I had someone tell me my tip looked really high when I was on pull out or in a glide, I also noticed on video that my tip has a tendency to rise a little out of the ball. I moved the bindings forward one hole and think it may have helped a little. Up until today everything was factory settings (68 Strada). It felt fine, just kinda curious if there is a rule of thumb...

• Baller_

It depends. If I make gross changes on a new ski, I may make them every set. Once the ski gets close and the changes are small, I try to ski for 1-2 weeks before making another change.

That's a very good question. Every skier will ski differently from day to day. The skiers who make changes nearly every set always end up chasing their tails.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller

If it didn't have the desired effect, the next set as I am trying to find a sweet spot on a ski. Sometimes, i may change to get more of the effect until it is too much, then back it off. To me, it is good to do it on the same water conditions and the same form that I am using on that day.

But once you are close, I agree with Bruce, work more on you.