Fin Settings

Gloersen

• Baller

Noting from another thread that JB runs on the 67” Prophecy with

Length 6.8220

Depth 2.53!!!

DFT .74

W 9

Have heard of other Pros tending to run the fin shorter, deeper, further back from stock; perhaps favorable for 10.75m & less.

Right now running 6.855/2.515/.77 on ’12 Prophecy with good results but there is always better.

Contemplating messing with the crap fin block & trying those #’s; probably waste a couple of practice sets.

Anyone trying the short/deep/back setup with success at ~12m lines?

• Baller
Yep. D3x5. 2.535, .668, 6.812 ( would have to double check on that) haven't skied for two seasons ,but ran 39 at least one round of a tourny after that adjustment. Need to run it back more as you gain depth, and shorter or you will snap your ankles off on off side.

• Baller

1st of all, this '12 Prophecy is hands down best ride I've been on. Rolls on such a high edge and keeps moving through the turn, just keep the handle at the core and the space in front of the next ball is astonishing. Compared to Elite, Z7, A-2, A-1; the best of the lot for my poor technique (over-powering)

Tried

2.527 (34mph)

PDG! Very surprised how smooth & easy the offside turns were. Intuitively I would never have tried these settings, expecting too much tip rise. What did seem apparent was that the ski stayed out front more through the turn & the tip did not engage as much, but if the reach was patiently maintained the finish was money. At 14m never came into any ball late enough to know what it would be like to scrap a turn.

At 13m was not taking advantage of the huge space at 1B & slamming the turn ending up early but upright & without good velocity into 2B (LFF) & subsequently over-turning. Can iron that out with some non-chilly sets.

Very curious qualities behind these #'s; hope to report continued + feedback.

@Horton: you try these types of settings?

@mrpruess: you're the one with the unique handle move at the apex of your edge out? You had killer 1B's at 11.25m but slammed 2B dumping you at 3B at Milton last May (was in the tower)? You'll have to explain the philosophy somex on that cross over the chest/abdomen move with the handle at the apex of your edge out. Skiing Ski Watch in May '12?

@Drago: why haven't you skied in 2 years? Ran 10.75 & called it quits? I could see that. Myself just hoping to run 11.25m before turning to dust.

• Baller
I had been running 39 for a while, off and on, but became way more consistent with the deep fin on the D3. I powdered my ankle my last set in June of '10, spent the summer on crutches. then spring of 11 I broke my femur. Just lots of seriously bad luck.Might ski this summer....Was thinking maybe I should just quit with my last set [38 opener, ran 39, 1 @ 41, broke ankle] thought that was a pretty good story :)