The light bulb went on this week............

ForrestGump

• Baller
and all of a sudden I got what Chad Scott, Ward Mclain, and Charles Mueller have been trying to tell me in regards to keeping the ski moving for the last two years. Prior to this week, it was like the Peanuts cartoons on tv where the teacher is talking and all Charlie Brown hears is "WhaWha, WhaWha, WhaWhaaaaaa." "Keep the ski moving, twist in with your hips, ski back to the handle." I'm telling you...... "WhaWha, WhaWha, WhaWhaaaaa." But this week all of a sudden I felt my outside hip bringing the ski back inbound as opposed to using my shoulders or my biceps. And dammit, it felt gooooooood. All of a sudden, I realized the value of this. Acceleration and speed. When you ride the ski around, the point where you hook back up with the handle is the slowest point of the turn. When you use your core to let your outside hip drive the ski back around to the handle, the Apex of the turn is the slowest point. Because as your core drives that ski around, it's accelerating it and you back to the handle. Not to mention that the acceleration started from a point 6+ feet farther out, which has big positive implications. So when you get on the handle, the line tension is less because the speed is greater at that point. Which then allowed me to turn into greater and greater angle because I could deal with the lighter tension all of a sudden. Damn, now all of a sudden I get the speed creates angle argument, too.

• Baller

BINGO...Speed comes from being stacked when the line comes under tension. Congrats for "feeling it".

That said...the great thing about skiingis there is another "light bulb" waiting to bite you in the ass at another line length.