# of Sets Per Day/Week for Optimal Improvement

Texas6

• Baller
I know the responses to this question will run the gamut from the folks who ski twenty passes per set to those who ski five sets a day. I think MOST of us fall into the category of training with one long set or a couple of shorter sets on an average day. Personally, I normally ski one set on weekdays (between 6-10 passes depending on how I feel), and may double it up on the weekends. I might get 2-3 weekday sets yper week and between 2-4 on weekends. I know everybody is different but am curious what the rest of you do, and I am also curious what the pros do for best results & improvement.

• Baller_
between now and the end of May (the beginning of tournament season) I'll try to ski 3 days a week, 2 sets/day, once events start then just once a week, and maybe a trick ride just to waste some gas, for Jump practice, beginning in May I'll get the StiffyLongboards out and just ride 'em up and down the lake 4 passes once a week, to get the feel of them after the winter layoff

• Baller_
I think the answer here depends to some degree on your age and level of fitness. Particularly as you age, rest is very important. You can't improve or score at tournaments if you are tired. The stronger you are at the start of the season, the more you can ski effectively. That said, I average five or six days a week, depending on the weather, one set in the morning, eight to ten passes. I might free ski in the evening if someone drops by and wants to go. At that time of day, however, i would rather go paddle or fish. Then tournaments most weekends mid June to mid October (love the fall records in the South!)

Lpskier