Poll - Have you started skiing yet this year?

Horton

• Baller
Not yet. Our lake loses water over the winter and we are waiting for our supply (irrigation canal) to turn back on. We should have water coming into the lake the end of next week, and approximately 10 days after that we should be full and ready to go!

• Baller
Dock, lift, boat in at home. Dock, lift went in tonight at the swamp. Hopefully pull both swamp courses up next weekend. Have run 4 open water sets over the last 3 weeks. Going to get chilly next week with overnight lows below freezing.

• Baller

Haven't skied up north here yet but I just got my favorite email of the year from the guy who runs the club I ski at. The ice was off the lake March 14th. The courses went in last week and the club is open for business tomorrow.

@travnews Where do you live that you are still getting that much snow?

@T-fromTO south east idaho. It's been a really mild winter. I have been able to see my lawn most of the winter; it's been strange. One day it will be in the 60's or 70's and the next day it will be snowing. That just comes with the territory. All of the snow melted by late this afternoon though.

Not yet Syracuse NY still 20's in the am and 50 days. Boat still in storage and lift on the lawn. Although discussed putting the course in soon with ball buddy yesterday. New Radar Vice and Vector boots in shipping mode. Just like Christmas at 10 years old! Yippy!!!

@lpskier no I've never been there but heard alot about it. I m only 10 miles from Hanks pond in Central Square. Just met the owner this fall he ask me to stop in for some runs. I plan to go to a competion this summer for the first time. I ski the course at Jamesville Res. and at our camp at White Lake. My home is on the Oneida river, no course but the river to myself! Hey Lake Placid is the most beautifull place in the world, lucky you!

First ski of the year in today. Water temp 41 deg. Air 52.

It was also my first ever set on my new (to me) Strada.

WOW - I Immediately felt comfortable on it. Good things are gonna happen this year.

Too bad I got tired so early though.....

• Baller
Finally got to the lake this weekend. Could have skied easily but the boat is still under wraps at the storage facility. Water checked in at 50 which is great for this time of the year. Usually the ice only goes out around now. My ski partner is back from Arizona on the 18th and will kick my butt in gear as he has been skiing for 6 weeks in 85 degree water. Time to order my new toys, Z-Box, wide view mirror, radius masterline handle, and some gloves...let the season begin!

Took a few Sets in early February when I was down in Austin working and job interviewing for a few weeks. Now that I've relocated to the San Antonio area got my first 3 sets at SMRR as a Texas resident Saturday! Amazing to be in trunks wit no rubber and 80deg water I April! I think I'm going to love living in south Texas!

• Baller
March 14th Colorado, Drysuit. March 24th and 27th in Cancun in shorts and life jacket. March 31st drysuit in Colorado. April 7th drysuit with 1mm neoprene top and winter head gear to stop the brain freeze from the 45 degree air. Gotta love spring time in the Rockies!!! Can't say we have really started but we have been skiing!!!!