Bob LaPoint on wings

JAS

• Baller_
I do NOT want my fin to look like that but I want to try a mini front ventral. If I do not like it, does ANYONE think the two small holes were the ventral would be would affect the ski in anyway. Hate drilling holes in a new fin. Local pro shop wants a fortune for a Syndicate fin.

• Baller
stabalizes the ski, have you seen the racing sailboats with the different keels? The regular wing does this also ( a little differently). It's worth a try, some really good skiers with nothing to gain, swear by it.

• Baller_
@Ed Johnson I see dementions for instalation. But not dem of ventral itself. Was looking to make one and someone here had not only made them but had a CAD drawing with dem. I made a mini and had it on my Goode 9800sl (loved it but sold ski kept vent)) but want to have both large and small incase just the small does not work on my S2. With your set up, the larger wing- are the wings pointed up or down?? I know the mini up front they points down. Also, I printed the Goode instalation sheet. It's true to size and hole pattern of the HO fin when cut out and placed over the fin. Can that be used for hole location of the mini up front (with slight adjustment to make it level to the ski) ??

• Baller

@ Wish: I have a 5/8" Spacer that I put between the ski and the front Mini-Ventral. If you drill the holes just larger than the screws, it allows you to adjust it level with small fin adjustments.

The Large Rear Ventral goes in place of the stock wing, tips down. You have to drill a small hole between the 2 stock holes, but it can pivot off of the large rear hole.

• Baller

Ed,

The photo of Chet's fin above is the same way that you have yours set up isn't it? Just by looking at it, it looks as if he has positioned the mini back by about a 1/2", are you doing this also? I wonder if he typically likes the additional tail slide that he gets with all of the holes in his fin? Does he usually use that FM fin?

• Baller
It's not actually an FM fin, although the theory is similar. It was a standard fin that Chet cut and filed so he could run it way back (look how far back in the photo above) and still turn it on a dime at short line.