fin and boot settings tick tick tick

Wish

• Baller_
So I'm trying to dial in my ski and am frustrated at how inefficient it seems and how long its taking. I do document but find myself questioning as to how many passes, line lengths, sets, I should take on a new setting. And then worry about giving the setting a fare shake considering things like weather, attitude, physical state and so many other variables to tinker with..... So my question is.... what do you do as you set your fin/boots or both to make it an efficient and not so time consuming process. I feel like I should have had this done by now.

• Baller

Have not changed my boot position or configuration in years.

For the fin, I try to start with a setting that works for someone skiing really well on mu ski (thanks, Seth...). Them change it just if the ski is doing something wrong. Which with the latest D3's (Z7, Z7 ST and Fusion) has been the amount of ski in the water with cold compared to hot water, so I have just changed fin lenght until I have the right amount in.

Before touching anything, I make sure the ski is performing consistently on an unwanted way, to make sure that I am not the cause...

• Administrators
If you are not personally dialed in I do not think you want to tweak. You need to have a baseline before you can know what you are adjusting. When in doubt go back to stock settings. Personally I generally ski at stock but a few thousandths shallow.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can