Reflex Binding Mount onto Goode

• Baller

I'm interested in the Reflex Bindings on a Goode.

What's the recommendations from the BOS community?

The Reflex user manual says to use Reflexbonds, but is using Inter-Loc ok or better? I don't want the plate to release fro two obvious reasons.

If using Inter-loc, what (250 vs 400) and how many strips?

• Baller

I have a Reflex ski without inserts, it came with the Bondplate (see Reflex quote bellow), it works great. I have also 2 ski friends that use it on their Goodes.

http://www.reflexworld.com/shop.shtml

"The Bondplate is a new mounting system for skis without inserts. the "Bondplate" is an adhesive plate in "G10" material. Screws are positioned according to international standard and allow easy assembly and disassembly of your waterski bindings. (HO, D3, Connelly, Radar, Wiley...). The plate is placed on your ski within 5 minutes, without technical expertise. The "bondplate" does not change the flex of the skis but contributes to their longevity."

• Baller
Get a G10 plate from @teammalibu, mount your binding hardware to that plate, then use Dual-Loc to attach the plate to the ski. I can't remember how much Dual-Loc I used last year but it was at least 2 full-length strips of 250/400. The Reflex is the easy part - the back boot (if it isn't a toe loop) can be challenging...

• Baller

I have a Reflex front boot on my Goode mid and like it a lot more than the powershells. I ordered just the Reflex boot, removed the rear block (used to snap it in). I then drilled the same holes from the power shell and used the same hardware. I was kind of a pain, but it worked.

And I use a strip of 400 on each side of the plate, and 250 everywhere else.

• Baller
You can get a Chambon plate from miamiskinautiques. It is a single plate made from thin aluminum with threaded studs pressed into it for front and rear binding plates. You just put your regular plates onto it and tighten it with nuts for the studs. Works great and if you dual lock it to the ski, you can remove and move it at will. This also allows you to get either or both of your boots exactly where you want them. The 3m vhb double sided tape is tough to remove but, will most definitely bind the plate to the ski.