Boot spacing

Steven_Haines

• Baller
I was curious as to what the consensus was on boot spacing? The reason for the question is that recently I've have been falling to my back foot at the finish of the turn. Could I eliminate this problem by moving my boots closer together? Presently they are set at 12" ankle to ankle. I could feasibly squeeze it down to 11". I typically wear a size 10.5 shoe. Would make me more balanced? What do you guys do?

• Baller
Always have your feet as close together as possible. It allows your knees and ankles to have a greater range of motion, and work together. You will be in a good spot if your rear foot toes touch, but not overlap the horseshoe bracket on the heel of your front binding. I am talking with traditional bindings. I have never tried hardshell..

• Baller
It's another ski tuning option. Moving the rear boot back can tighten the radius of your on side and widen the off side at the same time (great if that's what you need). However, most skiers need to assist their off side so feet close together has long been the default setup.

• Baller
I'm not having trouble with my turns as long as I stay balanced. It's funny, my best skiing was done with a wider stance but I attribute that to how much I was skiing at the time. I was much stronger and I typically used brute force to run my passes. I remember at the time having the same problem (falling back) With age, back issues and ZO I need to fix this issue. I'm hoping this helps!