Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

RC vs. RCX

skibug

• Baller
@skibug - the RC and RCX were very easy skis to ride and you could move all over them and they would still perform. But, they were not very dynamic turning skis and were not quick by today's standards. The Fusion is a very dynamic ski that rides higher and turns quicker. In addition, it responds quicker out of the buoy and will carry width better than the RC or RCX. But, if you move around a bunch on the Fusion, it will overturn - especially your off side. I would recommend the following fin numbers to start: 6.905 tip / 2.505 depth / 740 DFT flat and 7 deg wing. The shorter fin will not bite as hard on your off-side should you try and be too aggressive. The shallower fin will allow the tail to slide a bit more if you are a tail-rider like me and don't need as deep a fin.

• Baller

@Jdarwin - thanks a bunch for the details. That really does help me. I am not a very "quiet" skier; so, maybe sticking with my RC's or possibly obtaining an RCX might just be what I need to do. Or...maybe I should learn to ski with better form. I also get stuck on the tail more times than I would like.

When I did ride the fusion; I found it very difficult to turn. I compared it to driving a pontoon vs an inboard. Obviously I need to change something with my skiing technique to try and get it to work for me. With your comments in mind, I am going to have to ride it again and see if I can make it work. I will just have to keep my (2) RC's as backups in case my muscle memory and muscle head won't cooperate.

• Members
@skibug I went from an old white top Nomad to a 2010 RCX this spring,brand new ski wasn't in the budget. I used @jdarwin numbers & it was great from day one. Very predictable & forgiving, which is great for my ability. I usually get halfway thru -32 @ 34mph at tourneys, what line lengths/speeds are you skiing?

• Baller
@PT Mike got some insight that the RCX isn't that much different than the RC that I am on. I do love this ski. I rode about 6 skis last year and I am back on the RC. I now have (2) of them. I don't ski tournaments; but, usually run -32 @ 34 (ZO setting B3) once or twice a set, most sets, when in skiing shape.

• Baller
I skied the RC for 2 seasons followed by the RCX for two seasons. They were similar. I felt the RCX was a bit faster and rode deeper, I was able to run bindings further back. Both super stable, super forgiving and I felt turned very well on both sides. RCX has my first successful 35 off at 36 mph and 38 off at 34 mph. I can still hop on the RCX and ski well.