Horton's Ski Testing

ski4xtc

• Administrators

Not sure what the plan is for 2012. I would like to ski better this year and that means less testing.

I assume I will get the S2 and the new Mapple ski.

I wanted to review the Radar Vice last year and for some reason that never happened. I suspect it is one of the unknown great skis that no one thinks about.

I have a Goode Nano Mid but it is the wrong size. I own that ski so I am just selling it.

You have to assume that there will be something new. I am aware of what one of the new skis for 2013 is but assume there are more.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators

As I have tried to stress with the ski tests - most of the current skis are pretty good but they are not all the same. You just need to find the one that works for you. Given a choice of the skis I have on hand I would have to ride my Connelly. I tend to over turn off side and the Connelly tempers me in that way. I need to try the A2 I have but it is not the Test ski. Somehow I "lost" the test ski. (Never trust Dirt again)

If I still had access to all the skis I tested last year... Hell, I do not know. At some point you have to pick a ski and ride it.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
I only whoop JT when it is not in a tournament and in his defense he skis at 38 mph (or it just looks like it) and I only ski 34. If you factor in the whole steal/misappropriate his favorite ski thing, you can see he is at a disadvantage.

• Baller
John, I too have really enjoyed your ski reviews. Reading a new review on the front page was almost like the old days of getting our regional guide in the mail. Your reviews helped me evaluate the couple of skis I tried and also helped me find the one that works best for my style. It takes a lot of time and energy to really evaluate a ski. Thank you for the great reviews. This year we will let you get back to concentrating on your own skiing.