G-10 Plate thickness

KM

I have a sheet of black G-10 in 0.092" thickness. Is that too thin to make a G-10 binding plate out of? I was thinking it would flex better and also be slightly lighter. All my previous G-10 plates were made from 0.125" thick G-10. Thanks.

• Baller
I have a super thin G 10 plate from Team Malibu. Don't know how thick it is, but if he notices this thread he can probably tell you. I have a Reflex set up on it and haven't had any issues as yet. (Probably 20 sets last fall) 250 to 400 dual lock

I have used carbon fiber plates ranging from .070 to .150 thick and haven't had amy problems with screws poping thru or cracking the plates. I also have counter sank the screws that hold the binding into the plates as well. I have always screwed my plate to the ski rather than using dual lock (no reason why). Wileys back binding, reflex front binding.

I should add that I mount my first generation Riedell/Fogman shells to the G-10 plate then attach to the ski using 3M (Minnesota Mining & Manufacturing) Dual Lock in a similar fashion as the Goode Powershells.