Best RTM ski

Will-i-am

I am in need of a new ski for this year.

I have narrowed it down to either a used Razor or a used Obrien Elite. 68"

Because of debris I really need to go with an RTM ski or something that will not care if it gets beat around or hits wood chunks.

I previously rode a 9700 goode until the debris at our lake tore it to pieces. Skied on 9700 for 2 years prior to moving to a new area/new lake.

I ski 36mph/28 off

My question is which is more like the goode? I am not a very technical skier, I just pull hard.

I have been told that I pull like a jumper in the slalom course.

Which ski will be better for my 6'1" 215lb frame?

I am heavily considering the Elite as the price of them is much lower than the Razor.

Is it worth the extra money to go with the Razor?

• Baller
Love my Razor. Turns well, runs out of the buoy, very fast yet reasonably forgiving. My bro and I are both big pullers despite our best efforts to change. He runs 38 more often than I do, and runs Radar bindings at Razor "shortline" recommendation along w/updated "shortline" fin/wing settings. I run same fin/wing, but D3 bindings forward one hole from suggested "shortline" settings. I felt moving one hole forward gave me a larger sweet spot where it really performed well. One hole further back and it was at times amazing but at times I really screwed up. When you need to behind the boat a little personal smoke on the line and the ski really makes up time...like "wow, a few moments ago I was late, but now I'm early"

• Baller
I would go for the Razor, it sure is a solid and resistent ski and works great for me, I tried a few skis over the last years and keep going back to my old Fischer, which has more than 1000 sets on it. I feel my 66 hard Fischer is even better for 36 than 34mph. The only problem is its fin which is thinner than other skis and bends when something hits it. I do not know if the Razor has the thin fin as the Fischer, though.

The debris is not a safety concern. Our water fluctuates a lot and it brings little chunks of bark from the surrounding trees.

I am not dodging 4 foot pieces of limber....

I have tried connellys and d3 they do not seem to fit my style of skiing.

The Goode is the best ski I have ridden however I cannot afford to replace or refinish the bottom after just a year or two of use.

I like the idea that I can buy an elite for half the price I can find razors.

I have not tried a Fischer or razor but I have tried a Sixam ss. That is why the elite is on my radar. And everything I have read is that the rtm skis are VERY durable.

• Baller

I have a 2011 Elite Alpha for sale. Has one scratch on it and it happened when Bruce Butterfield helped me instal a ventral. After it happened he looked at me and said, "these skis are bomb proof!". Very small scratch, ski as little use. Can't compare it to the newer Goodes but I came off a 9500 and I like the Obrien better. It's listed here. Email if you have any questions.

http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?topic=Search&category=Slalom&postid=18026

• Baller

RAZOR is the most durable ski on the market

not a single ski broke since it is for sale

fin is the same thickness as Fischer, you can buy a ski with 1 or 2 spare fins, if you will hit loads of wood when skiing

• Baller
Talking about skis, I have laid them all side by side, on top of each other. They all seem to have the same rocker, tip and tail. They all seem to have the same shape and sidecut. Skis today have very little rocker. That being said, I just can't grasp how the Goode can be faster than all the other skis. Must be quicker rebounding is all I can figure.

• Baller

Edge holding and turning is probably more important or may lead to a ski feeling fast. I never notice speed in the wakes, but I do notice speed in the turns, particularly when running behind. Does the ski turn itself or do I have to be spot on to make it turn. I am not spot on a lot, so it needs to track and turn without a lot of input from me.

Could just be me, but that is what I look for.

• Baller
I skied a Fisher Orange for years. At the time everybody I talked to who had skied on Goode's said it was like a Goode that didn't break. I'm now on a Razor. I haven't hit anything in the water, but have on a few occasions had the handle whack it loudly. With my older skis that would have put a ding in the top. Not a mark on the Razor.