9900SL vs 3D Fusion

wteun

Sorry for double post.

I have to choose between a 9900SL and a D3 Fusion(2012). I am no old-school-style skier, but I am no true west-coast skier either. I think I am in between, leening more towards west-coast.

Please shoot all info/advice you got at me, for me to make a desicion between them.

Thanks.

P.s. I'm in a little hurry with this desicion.

• Baller

I don't think you will be disappointed in either one. The standard 9900 SL has been around for several years and is a very proven design. It is a stable feeling ski and considered fast by most. It also holds the men's and women's world record which has to say a lot.

The fusion hasn't been out long, but people are saying good things about it. Most all D3 skis are considered stable skis that are user friendly. They generally don't make "bad" skis.

Hopefully there will be some guys with time on both who can give you more useful insight, but again I don't think you will go wrong either way.

• Baller
The fusion is out of the box, the easiest ski I've ridden in years, symmetrical on both sides and as fast as my last ski (elite). It feels like the sweet spot is from tip to tail, plus d3's have a great customer service reputation and they are extremely durable.

• Baller
I will say this, I've had only 4 sets on the fusion up to now. It is the easiest start to my spring skiing I have ever had. This ski is symmetrical on both sides, turns effortless and is very quick side to side (creates a lot of space before the bouy). I LOVE IT! D3 has done a great job.

• Administrators
@jdarwin @teammalibu will you guys start short sideing/ blocking Dawg? It is painful to get phone calls from him after he skis like that. He sounds like a giggling little girl when he skis that good. Maybe I can come down and adjust his fin...

• Baller
Sad, isn't it? Ever since he got on the Fusion he giggles like a schoolgirl on laughing gas. A happy schoolgirl with a healthy complexion and good teeth, a friendly, but not needy personality and concerned but not overbearing parents.