Looking for a ZO boat

kfennell

We are in the process of getting a house at SMRR and as such we will need a boat. I would like to get something that won't break the budget, like a used centurion, or a few years old malibu, something closer to $30k. Does anyone have anything in the central texas area, or within a reasonable drive or know of something like I am looking for? I have been watching ski-it-again for a while now and what is available is pretty far away. I am already aware of the promo malibu's that are for sale in this area, but they are a little more then I want to spend right now.

Thanks if you can be any help.

Kevin Fennell

318-936-9602

• Administrators

@kfennell Unless you are into 28 off and or skiing tournaments I do not think you need a ZO boat. With that in mind there should be a lot of choices at 30k or less.

Start here http://ballofspray.com/classified-ads/used-boats

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
If you're buying a new boat strictly for ZO, maybe ponder this: You could re-power your current boat for easily a 1/3rd of the price you're looking at. The ZO simulator for PPSG could be your answer as well - I suppose time will tell on that?

Perhaps I don't need, but I WANT! I want to be able to share rides with people on the lake and practice driving for tournaments and such with my boat. I know such a boat exists, there were a dozen of them for sale in the fall, including the boat from Jon Cox memorial Lake AKA Olde Oaks. But now they are all sold, or not for sale. I think I might have missed the prime buying time.

• Baller_
Horton is correct. I just sold through my shop a 01 SN 196 305 hour GT-40 with Stargazer----- Wait!!!! 14.5K on the trailer. This is a beautiful boat utilized by an older slalom skier garaged kept. I had thought about purchasing it my self and re-powering with a 5.7 e-control motor for the ZO now it will be a family tube boat!!!

@jdarwin I would buy your boat in a heartbeat, but I really want something before then. Maybe when I get out to the lake I will find someone who will let me share on theirs till yours becomes available, but the club boat is pretty expensive for how much we want to use it so I think I need something sooner.

Someone called me from a lake in Dallas and offered me a decent deal on their club boat, the only problem is that it's just about as bad looking as can be and the wife isn't so interested. I think I might talk her into it since it will be a good price and it doesn't have a trailer so I won't have to store that.

• Baller
My wife couldn't care less what our boat looks like. If I was buying new I would get her input but if I was looking for a good deal on a used boat she would be okay with just about anything if the price was right. The only issue is it might make it harder for you to sell on the back end.

• Baller
It's not the condition. It's that a 2008 looks like a 1988. I'm the first to roll my eyes at the "wife didn't like the color" comments and generally I don't care but my brain won't let me spend that kind of money on something that looks as old as me.

• Baller_
And it tracked like a 196. The good part about having it as a promo was that nobody wanted to ski behind it so it never had hours put on it. I had it in Iowa at a tourney and some guy wanted to pull the boat and put a RXLI in so his kid would PB and get a score to go to the nats.

• Baller

@MS

How good was the 206 if no one wanted to ski behind it? What about resale on a 206. If it "never took off" how are they holding value. Tough to beat a 2008 or 2009 196. Best slalom boat ever for CC. Really don't see the comparison between a 196 and a 88 model 2001. I sure know they DON'T ski the same. The old nautiques had a wake that could kill a person.

• Baller
NTX, it was actually pretty good. But there was the perception that it was too big to be good by skiers. And yet, a few years later we end up with tug boats for tow boats in the 200 and RLXI/TXI and noone bats an eye. A 206 holds its value just like a 196 from my experience.

• Baller
A lot of boat for the dough. A buddy on skiwatch bought one like this from a ski club w/relativley high hours. It's one of the most dialed-in ski machines I've ever driven/skied and would certainly never know it's got a pile of hours on it.