...might get a January set in MN

6balls

• Baller
Substantial portion of the public body I live on is open due to unseasonably warm temps. About 15 feet of ice out from the launch, then enough open ski water for a whole lotta turns before dropping in and coming back the other way. Tomorrow supposed to be 39 and sunny, then next two days 42 and sunny. After that the temp drops. Hoping for a little more melt near the launch and we'll drop in the 196.

• Baller
Lake Ripley in Litchfield. The geese kept a tiny portion open and then we got that big wind last weekend followed by warm weather. Big chunk of lake opened up. A guy was fishing in a small boat yesterday...I saw his trailer tracks over the ice near the launch. Not willing to back my 196 over that same chunk of ice as it will crash through and damage the gel coat...so hoping that last bit of ice will melt if not today in the next few days of warmer weather. Also don't want a big west wind as that could move the remaining ice sheet and close off the open water.

• Baller

Guess it wasn't meant to be...went out to get the boat which is parked behind a plane in a heated hanger. The hangar door spit a pulley when the door was up about 3 feet. We tried a quick re-fabricate on the pulley and a new bolt but it wouldn't keep the cable from climbing the pulley and jumping out...refab not need enough.

Need to machine new pulley with deeper channel. Alas, no skiing for me today.

• Baller

For anyone in MN who CAN get their boat out...apparently lake Koronis near Paynesville is wide open water...far more open than Ripley.

If I can get the hangar fixed by Monday, I might be able to ski Tuesday p.m., supposed to be in the 40's and sunny...then turn into real winter the next day.

• Baller
I've got Tuesday p.m. off. Expect to have new machined pulley up in the hangar by then and the local launch may be open given the next few days of warm weather. I could really use a set...will keep you all posted if it looks like a "go".