2012 Predictions - The Elite Skiers

Horton

• Administrators

If you read my Year In Review on the home page, there are some big names missing. Not because I missed them but because they were not the stars of 2011.

Anyone want to throw down some 2012 Predictions?

I say the top 4 ladies continue the dog Cat fight from this year but the Men get all mixed up. Especially in slalom there seems like there could be a new breakout skier.

Asher and Parrish will both come back stronger. Freddy still the king?

Goode ★ KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki ★ Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

Guess I gotta still go with Nate Smith in 2012. I don't think he has peaked yet, and is anybody else really only one off-season away from leap-frogging him? New names seem more likely in 2013.

Of course, I suck at predicting anything related to sports...

• Baller
Nate Smith will set a record in 1-2 years. I talked to Rossi not too long ago and he is gonna come pretty big next season. If Larking keeps putting in the effort I can see him being up there. I honestly think that CP has peaked and isnt going to impress me anymore. I can see Travers putting up some big scores. Ladies I think Knowln, Jaquess, Coble, anyones guess for the 4th

• Baller
I don't know that CP is your day in, day out guy, but I think he probably still has a few big runs left in his tank. Nate is the obvious choice to do something big, and certainly he seems to have consistency we have not seen in some time.

• Administrators
CP is still my ideal skier. You want to learn to ski better, watch CP. He can get out of one at 43 so no reason he can not get out of two. Would be super fun for someone else to have a total break out like Larkin did this year.

Goode ★ KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki ★ Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

I am newer to the sport and am wondering how you follow the events. Are you just following the results online, is there ever any air time on the tv, ect?. I have a subscription to waterski mag, but I never see anything more than that. So where do you go to see a schedule of the events and results?

• Baller

@travnews ballofspary is a good place to start, especially for some of the insider news about tournaments and skiers. The twitter feed on the home page of the site is probably the best way to catch live updates. Another good resource is usawaterski.org, especially if you are interested in following U.S. athletes. And each of the major ski companies provide regular updates on their sponsored athletes.

The only "airtime" are the live webcasts from a few of the tournaments. Stay tuned to this site for details leading up to each tournament.

• Baller_

Nobody will ski away from 3 ball @43.

Nate will continue to roll on the mens side and Whit from the girls.

Karina will mount a comeback season.

Larkin will be the top money winner at seasons end.

Team Radar will rule both podiums at seasons end.

• Baller
Have to say, Aarron Larkin, has got his game together, good skier and has become a good competitor, he has grown as a skier over the last 2 year,s, if he comes in this year with out injury and any improvement on what he has already developed, he,s gonna be a tough one to beat, he,s certainly gonna earn some dollars.

• Baller

I can't bring myself to bet against him, but I am gonna be DAMN IMPRESSED if Nate (or anyone else!) sees any part of 3 ball at -43 in an R in 2012.

It's coming some day, but I firmly believe that -43 is MUCH harder than -41, and I don't think much *visible* progress is going to be made in 2012.

Hope I'm wrong!!

• Baller

I'm not in on this bet, but if I were MS I would definitely insist on an R. Because -43 is so damn short, a slight systematic drift by the driver could radically alter the difficulty. I wouldn't be willing to consider any -43 to be real without boat path video being declared OK.

(If somebody gets 3 @ -43 in a C, I'll still be impressed, of course. I saw Jamie get a 6-no @ -41 one time in a class C and it may still be the one of the most awesome things I've seen live. I just personally wouldn't want to be placing any sort of bet related to class C -43 because there are too many variables.)

• Baller_

I think that Nate is the best out there at this time but has anyone here had the rope at 43 and even tried to get out to 1 ball? He will get 2 with not many issues but 3 is going to be a very big battle. Dont forget you also have to run 41 just to get a shot at it. He will run 41 a bunch and get some shots at 43 but I was in the boat for a majority of CPs attempts at 43 and almost died a few time from handle shots coming out of 2. he put a hole in the boat once and a very bent up bimini top frame on another.

@Horton, I need a boat path or its off. I dont think he skis any Cs unless he is there to get familiarization with the site for a later record.