Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

Suggestion for new ski?

vegar

• Baller

Hi skiers!

I'm thinking about getting a new ski for next season. I'm 34 years 180 cm, 78 kg. I've been skiing for 2 seasons (and playing behind friends boats since i was 11). I get 6 boys at 52 km/h. Goal for next season is to shorten the rope at 58 km/h or stay at 55 and shorten. I ski for fun and not competitions.. But who knows.. I'm on à 67" 2008 radar senate now (not the C).

I'm buying new bindings so just wondering if the ski all should go.

Whats your suggestions? Can the ski do one more season?

I'm thinking about testing the HO S2 and/or A2. And also the strada.. I don't Want to buy à new ski for the next couple of years if I'm buying one now so there must be rom to grow. Any suggestions is much appreciated.

• Baller

The ski you're on now is good to at least 55k and 13m, not sure why you'd want to switch at this point. Like Brent said get used to the new bindings first, work on dialing in technique, get your speed and line length more where you want it then perhaps a "better" ski would be in order. BTW what bindings are you going to?

Cheers, Ed

• Baller
Thanks Brent and Ed. Yes you are right; I should get used to the new bindings first. Good point. I've just been looking around and were not sure if the senate still is the correct ski. I don't have as much experience as you guys so great to get some feedback on this. I'm on HO Venom and a RTP. It's cramping my front foot. I do à lot of snowskiing so I don't mind boots that have a really tight fit. I have tested the strada boot which is comfortable but I find them a bit "loose". So I might test à hardshell or something that give me that "firm" feeling without cramping my foot. You might have some suggestions for me on this as well?