Anyone tried the Connelly Stealth Bindings?

Jim Neely

• Baller_
Ill never understand the low cuff of hard-shells. Some boot manufactures anctually cut the shells down. Have you ever seen a low cuff snow ski boot? I build my own hadshells and use the highest stiffest cuff I can find. Higher up the leg the larger the bones and further from the ankle joint. Hing provides plent of front to back movement and the edge control is outstanding. Well done Connelly.

• Baller_
Ill never understand the low cuff of hard-shells. Some boot manufactures anctually cut the shells down. Have you ever seen a low cuff snow ski boot? I build my own hadshells and use the highest stiffest cuff I can find. Higher up the leg the larger the bones and further from the ankle joint. Hing provides plent of front to back movement and the edge control is outstanding. Well done Connelly.

• Baller_

I once asked Kris LaPoint how high a binding should be. His response was to the effect "The lower, the better."

The Stealth is taller, does not have a hinged upper cuff, and has laces. It may come with a power strap or a top buckle. It is very cool looking with a mixture of carbon and leatherette. It employs the Fogman plate and release system. The binding provides a lot of power behind the boat. The Prophecy and perhaps the Carbon V should come with inserts for the Stealth system, so if you were leary about Fogmans because of the mounting issue, that issue is gone if you ride Connelly. However, if you didn't like Fogmans because you thought they were hard to get on or off, you probably won't like the Stealth either.

Lpskier

• Baller_

I once asked Kris LaPoint how high a binding should be. His response was to the effect "The lower, the better."

The Stealth is taller, does not have a hinged upper cuff, and has laces. It may come with a power strap or a top buckle. It is very cool looking with a mixture of carbon and leatherette. It employs the Fogman plate and release system. The binding provides a lot of power behind the boat. The Prophecy and perhaps the Carbon V should come with inserts for the Stealth system, so if you were leary about Fogmans because of the mounting issue, that issue is gone if you ride Connelly. However, if you didn't like Fogmans because you thought they were hard to get on or off, you probably won't like the Stealth either.

Lpskier

• Baller

I work them snow ski racers with head products we cut the front and the side of the snow ski boot upper plactic down and leave the back tall this is to allow for more ankle movement so the skier can create bigger angles, a tall boots reduces the amount of angle the skier can get, look at will's reflex and andy maples reflex they cut the Uppper cuff down to allow more ankle movement. the stealth is tall but its not plactic.

Deano

head wintersport