'98 Sanger DLX vs. '89 Ski Nautique 2001

bstphen24

Thinking of getting rid of the Nautique and "upgrading" into a DLX. Mostly for the room and storage, the DLX will also still fit in my garage. But I am curious if I will gain anything in the wake? I know the 2001's aren't great ski boats, but how is the DLX? From my understanding the sanger is a more renowned barefoot boat.

• Baller
DX II is their barefoot boat and wake is muy bueno. DLX is bigger, and I believe more V in the hull. Supposed to be good rough water boats and track very well. A buddy has a 2 yr old DX II and the interior/fit/finish/guage cluster is a bit dated like an older boat. Never been in a DLX and can't comment on wake.

• Baller
DX II is their barefoot boat and wake is muy bueno. DLX is bigger, and I believe more V in the hull. Supposed to be good rough water boats and track very well. A buddy has a 2 yr old DX II and the interior/fit/finish/guage cluster is a bit dated like an older boat. Never been in a DLX and can't comment on wake.

• Baller_
Water Ski Mag 1998 ranked wake size, hardness and spray as follows; expert, training and world class. 1998 Ski Nautique196 and Malibu Response = World class for all. Sanger DX 2 = Training for all. Sanger DLX = Expert for all. The only score lower than the DLX were some of the inboard/outboard recreational boats like a Sea Ray. Try before you buy.

• Baller_
Water Ski Mag 1998 ranked wake size, hardness and spray as follows; expert, training and world class. 1998 Ski Nautique196 and Malibu Response = World class for all. Sanger DX 2 = Training for all. Sanger DLX = Expert for all. The only score lower than the DLX were some of the inboard/outboard recreational boats like a Sea Ray. Try before you buy.

• Baller

The really old Nautique 2001 was not a great boat. Unless the focus is on wakeboarding. There are lots of boats that would be an upgrade.

The 1998 Nautique is one of the best boats ever. They are reasonably priced. They are great slalom boats. Add some ballast and they are great wakeboard boats.

I've only skied a few sets behind Sangers. While I liked the boat, I don't remember which model it was or when. Try before you buy is manditory.

Any boat with ZO is a massive upgrade!

Eric

• Baller

The really old Nautique 2001 was not a great boat. Unless the focus is on wakeboarding. There are lots of boats that would be an upgrade.

The 1998 Nautique is one of the best boats ever. They are reasonably priced. They are great slalom boats. Add some ballast and they are great wakeboard boats.

I've only skied a few sets behind Sangers. While I liked the boat, I don't remember which model it was or when. Try before you buy is manditory.

Any boat with ZO is a massive upgrade!

Eric