Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

New white reflex boot

Rup

• Baller

I had the one before this and it hurt my back so I switched back to the old style (with a new cleat) and the pain went away.

Still not cut the other one up but I won't need to now!

I thought the new boot might look good with a new S2

• Baller

I had the one before this and it hurt my back so I switched back to the old style (with a new cleat) and the pain went away.

Still not cut the other one up but I won't need to now!

I thought the new boot might look good with a new S2

• Baller

I have now used it for 2 sets and I think it is better than my previous. I never rode the 2011 shell just because I was still using my old shell that matched up with my Reflex 404 Release Unit. Using the white cuff boot is the same as my original, but the tab is removed from inside the heel cuff. This gave me a little more flex back and forth which I was a bit leary of, but it seemed to smoothe out the carve through the finish of the turns. I put the flexion strap on its longest setting so it wasn't a factor while I skied. Nice to see Reflex putting a foot forward. Makes the product easier to ride and therefore easier to sell.

Seth Stisher

H2OProShop.com

SethStisher.com

• Baller

I have now used it for 2 sets and I think it is better than my previous. I never rode the 2011 shell just because I was still using my old shell that matched up with my Reflex 404 Release Unit. Using the white cuff boot is the same as my original, but the tab is removed from inside the heel cuff. This gave me a little more flex back and forth which I was a bit leary of, but it seemed to smoothe out the carve through the finish of the turns. I put the flexion strap on its longest setting so it wasn't a factor while I skied. Nice to see Reflex putting a foot forward. Makes the product easier to ride and therefore easier to sell.

Seth Stisher

H2OProShop.com

SethStisher.com

• Baller
Seth, I'm gong off on a tangent a bit. But I tried a 2011 reflex(not the white) to see if I liked it any better than my Powershells. I swear, I felt like I was all dart, no feathers. I was an unguided missle on it. Coming off the 2nd wake, the ski felt like it was all over the place. Like it was coming back into me and flopping around. Any ideas? Would a flexion strap make any difference? I had my heels in the same spot as I did with the powershells, as far as I could tell. On the Reflex, I struggled to run 22 and 28 off when I would typically run mid 35 on the powershells.

• Baller
Seth, I'm gong off on a tangent a bit. But I tried a 2011 reflex(not the white) to see if I liked it any better than my Powershells. I swear, I felt like I was all dart, no feathers. I was an unguided missle on it. Coming off the 2nd wake, the ski felt like it was all over the place. Like it was coming back into me and flopping around. Any ideas? Would a flexion strap make any difference? I had my heels in the same spot as I did with the powershells, as far as I could tell. On the Reflex, I struggled to run 22 and 28 off when I would typically run mid 35 on the powershells.

• Baller

Shane- I felt the same way the first few sets when I switched from rubber to the Reflex 4 years ago. My first day skiing on it I was thinking I made a mistake. My ski was all over the place and I could barely run my opener. I stayed with it though, and after about 5 or 6 sets, I really started liking it.

I think the difference for me was that my ski was so much more sensitive to minute lateral movement of my ankles with the Reflex than with my D3's, and it took me a few sets to get used to that extra sensitivity. That extra sensitivity turned into very refined control after I got used to it. Give it chance, and I bet you'll end up loving it.

• Baller

Shane- I felt the same way the first few sets when I switched from rubber to the Reflex 4 years ago. My first day skiing on it I was thinking I made a mistake. My ski was all over the place and I could barely run my opener. I stayed with it though, and after about 5 or 6 sets, I really started liking it.

I think the difference for me was that my ski was so much more sensitive to minute lateral movement of my ankles with the Reflex than with my D3's, and it took me a few sets to get used to that extra sensitivity. That extra sensitivity turned into very refined control after I got used to it. Give it chance, and I bet you'll end up loving it.