Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

flip video

alex38

• Baller
For next season's attack of super shortline I am definitely going to use video analysis, the Flip looks like an inexpensive, fast way to do this. Does anyone else use these little cameras, and do they zoom enough to capture skiers at 15 and 22 off?

• Baller
We use the Flip and Trakker and it works pretty good. On occasion, there is a little digital hitch in the video but not enough to be annoying. To protect your recording device, I would recommend using a shock tube and extend it with a rope 18" off the pylon. We did not use the shock tube at first and my ski partner ripped his Flip off the Trakker with a pop of the handle. The rope went around the camera, pulled the Flip right off the mount and stripped the threaded insert out of the camera. The camera almost flew out the boat.

• Baller
You can get many modern cameras that will record full HD, take 16.2+ Megapixel photos, 10+ optic zoom (and good quality lenses) shoot up to 10 pics in a second, have GPS, etc... for US$ 250 or less. I have a Sony and it takes pics and video like a pro camera.

• Baller

Current cheap consumer technology can deliver true HD 1920x1080(1080i 60FPS - notice that this is equivalent to 1080p 30 FPS), so 1280x720 would not be the best you can get.

Ain't going to find too many things available out there with more than 30 FPS that can be played at normal speed.

One alternative are video or other cameras that record at 240 fields per second-interlaced, meaning 4 times the normal frame ratio. Then, the recording plays at 1/4 of the normal speed. This is probably how TW's video was made.