Ski Tests Prophecy Rides .... 28

Horton

• Administrators

Need Gallagher to edit the review and it will be done. I will post it Monday. Here is a preview... the last line is

"My highest ever tournament and practice scores are on the 2012 Prophecy."

• Baller
Just a suggestion, take about half as much time on each ski and review twice as many of them. It will keep it much more interesting. It takes you WAY TOO MUCH TIME to take 25 rides or whatever. The other option is to send half of them to me and I already know your answer.

• Baller

After all this skiing you have done, if you were to go back and re test the early skis do you think your opinion would be different on some ?...as you should be skiing better now than the beginning of the season.

• Administrators

@andyb

To check myself, I squeeze in the occasional ride on other skis and talk to skiers that I respect about the skis I have ridden. Two of my early season test skis are being used by friends … I am always reassessing.

I am confident that the reviews from early in the season would read the same now.

I make a concerted effort to describe how the skis rides and what the skier can expect from each ski. You can read enthusiasm in each review but hopefully what you will get is how the ski is different from other skis.

@skidawg @Dirt @ral @Brent I may ban you all.

• Baller
The reviews are great ! I was just interested in what your thoughts were if you jumped on to the early test skis, but sounds like you you do. Not sure how you fit it all in though, I struggle testing one ski, never mind the amount you do. Post office has probably got you on speed dial.

• Gold Member

Quite possible Dirt was kidding and my sarcasm meter is broken, but just in case:

I'm a huge fan of the 25+ sets thing. I think this is MUCH more meaningful than just a lot of first impressions. As was noted cleverly in a recent thread, initial impressions of a ski can be very inaccurate.