tatoo

brody

• Baller

33 yrs ago I thought about getting "Shortline" tattooed high on my left arm. It would have been written in script using a ski rope starting with the 15off loop & ending with the 38off loop, the main line curved back under the word & the handle was just to the left of the S. I have always thought it would have been a great looking tattoo, & there are many reasons why I am glad I did not get it done. One is I don't ski well enough to be called Shortline any more.

BTW my son went to enlist in the service, they almost did not let him in because he thought he was being cool, he had a crown tattooed on his shoulder. He had to get a exemption because they thought it might be "gang related".

The short version of what I'am saying is Don't do it.

I have a few non ski related tat's, I got them all (10) when I was in my early 20's and am now 40 with 2 kids and 2 things you have to remember is 1) You will at some point have to explain where and why they are there to kids. 2) If you want to be taken seriously by employers or other business related partners you need to make sure it can be easily covered. Tats are a very much more accepted in todays world but still have a negative first impression in most cases. This is of course just my opinion... My advice "put your thought/design on a T-Shirt" and sell us one...

• Baller
I'm in my late 30's and got my first tattoos this summer.(Must be going thru an early mid-life crisis!) Only regret is that I was unaware that you could not ski for two weeks afterwards! I won my own business so I have no problem right now! I too would like to add something ski related, but im not into anything cartoonish.

• Baller

You're making my point... Wakeboarding and pop culture are going hand in hand, which is why that sport is growing. I'm not saying you need tats to be hip or cool. I'm just saying that disregarding pop culture will not help our cause. The more kids we get into this sport, the better chance the big 3 produce an affordable 3 event boat for us?

I do apologize if I sound disrespectful, as I have nothing but respect and admiration for our service members.

• Baller

My home state of MA is kind of known nationally as being "ultra-liberal," but in certains ways we're a stodgy and very conservative bunch. Until very recently, tatooing remained illegal in MA (although it was never illegal to HAVE a tatoo; it just had to be done somewhere else).

My only personal problem with tattoos is that I think they look awful about 20 years later. Basically, I don't think the technology is quite good enough yet.

But to each his own -- my own fashion sense is so poor that I'm sure many people think I look awful all the time!!

Because of some business and personal interests, I've spent some time at game conventions, and I've seen plenty of people who have chosen to take self-modification to some extremes. My basic attitude is "sure, whatever." I think all of us on this forum can relate to taking interests to an extreme...

I happened to be in an airport one time with a guy who had the full reptilian tattoo covering his entire head along with some prosthetics inserted under his skin in some places to increase his resemblence to ... I'm guessing here ... an alligator. His presence turned out to be a bonus because the place was really crowded, but we found 4 seats together for me and my family right next to him!

• Baller

If you like tattoos and want a tattoo, the only tattoo you're going to regret is a bad one. Make sure you research your tattoo artist - I've had two different artists work on me and the difference between the two is pretty remarkable. Fortunately the lesser of the two is still very good, but Tracy Zumwalt of Anchor Tattoo in Seattle is one of the best. All of my tattoos have seen a lot of sun and they still look crisp and vibrant many, many years after the fact.

The only bad tattoo I've ever seen was a tramp stamp... on a dude!