blowing ski out at 35

alex38

• Baller

Because you said the ski chattered, do you mean it is bouncing up and down or tail is skipping and then popping out? If tail just popping out, then usually, on the offside, if body position is okay, and that means not jumping on the front of the ski and loading up the tip, the ski is too much in the water and pivoting on the front, so the fin blows out. Normal fin adjustments are to back off fin length a fuzz, drop the depth a fuzz, or bindings could go back a hole. If the ski is pretty stuck on your onside turn and not sliding downcourse, back off the fin length. If sliding on the onside, then add depth.

If the front of the ski is bouncing into the turn, it usually means you have to pull the front down a little by adding length to the fin. What happens is when the ski comes down, it slows down some when it lands in the water and then causes a weight shift forward, then over-loading the front. Binding can go forward a notch as well.

Try different settings for whatever scenario best fits and see what works.

• Baller
yes, tail popping out, from your diagnosis that could be me applying to much pressure to front foot, im thinking that im pressuring like that at 28 and 32, maybe as the line gets shorter and im carrying a tad more speed the ski is riding higher and my front foot pressure is too great. thanks for the help.

• Baller
You may not be carrying outbound from the wake. You may be skiing down course after and during your edge change. This causes you to feel like you are going really fast and you may be jumping on the front of the ski hard and blowing the tail out. It would help to see video.

• Baller
video is so on my agenda cuz my outboundness is weak, at 28 I can focus on this, but when i go to 32 and 35 all i can really get is a good gate. i was trying a thing a couple months ago where at 32 off i was forcing myself to "get out of my lean" right at the second wake...kept thinking i wasnt gonna make it to the buoy but i would....and way slower. also tried some back arm pressure and that was helpful too.