Do you like the new LCD screens?

6balls

• Baller

2011 CC 200 with LINC. Absolutely Love it !!!!

I was fortunate to fly some of the most sophisticated aircraft in the world such as the 747- 400 and the Airbus A-330. They all had tremendous electronic displays. Especially systems and diagnostics. The CC 200 display is a true step forward.

• Baller

Cool stuff, Ed. On the aviation front I found it interesting shortly after glass made a big debut in general aviation, I would get on commercial planes and see std guages as I walked past the entrance to the cockpit...the new GA panels were more advanced.

Absolutely amazing panels now used by the airlines and GA as well these days. I fly a '00 Mooney Ovation II w/Garmin 530/430 stack, the remainder std guages...at the time the '00 Mooney was manufactured the 530/430 was really something...now terribly obsolete. Maybe someday I will be able to transition up both in air and on water (right after I win the lottery).

• Baller_
I am enjoying the Link system in my 2011, and so far it has not even hick-uped. However I think my next boat will be as basic a gauge deal as I can get. On the Nautique side I am not hearing of failures with the link systems tho like anything taking care of the boat minimizes the chances of failure. Many Skier's and wake boarders tend to utilize their boats more as a tool then an investment and they are the ones that tend not to take care of their boats and are the loudest when failure occurs!

• Baller
Yah, dimmer switch would totally make sense. I always think funny in cars when the dimmer runs most things, but not all...like you have your brights on during empty highway cruise and the brights indicator is blasting you against dim guages.

• Baller

@clemsondave - there is a dimmer switch for the 200 LINC night mode; takes some playing around with in the setup, but it's there. I adjusted mine while on a lake vacation and trolling around at night.

To answer the question, I'm not a fan of the LINC system. My next boat will be a Standard Edition with the analog gauges - just personal preference.