Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

Jeff Rodgers Record

jayski

• Baller

I remember when he when he became the first to rip 41 at 36 mph in a tourney to set the record at the time. I think I was in high school and he did it on a Jobe...I went out and bought one!

There was a WS mag article contrasting him w/many pro skiers at the time b/c he was working long hours...I want to say in construction business...and had far less time to train than most pro's. It's stretching my memory, but I also recall the article saying something like he ran 28 off at 36 or something his very first time ever in the course.

Crazy gifted talent.

• Baller_
He is a well driller I believe and it's a family owned business. He was the only full time working skier at the top at the time. Still is I'm guessing. Gives me hope that it can be done. What I hear and have read over the years is the fact that he is simply just a nice guy through and through. Truly a role model for the next generation of skiers. Oh.. And 1967 was a great year. 43@38.... kinda sorta.

• Baller
He isn't light on the line, but he runs a tight line. Some guys seem to be able to ski aggressive, like Jeff, and still get it done shorter line. I find that if I'm aggressive it is just a total crap shoot. The lighter I try to ski, the better I ski. Now, what I really wanted to say was I thought Jeff skied particularly well, especially while rocking that old school Overton's vest!

• Baller

I do not know if Mapps did it in a tournament or not but I have heard that he can run 43@34.

@Chef23 his only sponsor I believe is Overtons thats why he still uses their product and he is the only if not one of few skiers sponsored by Overtons