Ski Test SansRival Ride 30 (bindings back 1/2 a hole)

Horton

• Administrators
I took one more ride on the SR2 with the bindings back. The ski is way more twitchy with the bindings back just a tiny bit. I sort of liked it through 35 but at 38 it is too much. For ride 31 I moved the bindings back to stock and it was a lot better.

• Gold Member

Hey now. I sure as hell am not gonna try all these skis, so if somebody is willing to do so and report on their experiences, I could care less what the underlying motivation is.

And keep in mind that this situation contains information. The Sans Rival is working so well for Horton that he doesn't want to move on. That fact might mean more than any review he could write!

If I were to try a new ski right now (which I don't plan to, my 9900sl is doing everything I want it to), I think it would have to be the Sans Rival, despite my inherent bias that anything with a French name can't be well-engineered. :-)

• Baller

Riding a ski until you "want to ski good" sure doesn't sound like a ski test.

Sounds like a leeching way to get/ride free skis until you find one that that's "good".

Sorry.

Sounds like a great big ol "BAM"- move on horton, or there'll be a protest.

• Baller

The search for the perfect ski is like the search for the perfect woman... it will be fruitless in the end. Finding one of either that will put up with your shortcomings... priceless!

(I hope Lynda doesn't read this and take it the wrong way. Oh well, one of those shortcomings. Love ya babe!)

• Administrators

@Scot Jones Ya know I have Lynida's email....

(review is 90% written - just needed editing and photos)