Txi vs. 200?

Ilivetoski

• Baller
One of my ski partners is Becky Lathrop who just got back from driving the new boats at the last pro stop (today she's in Michigan to drive the Big Dawg). She reported that the boat drove nearly as well as the 200 which if you combine with the comments above about great wakes and a soft feel makes it a superior boat. I can't wait to try one. I am skiing and driving in the next Palm Bay tournament and the local Malibu promo guy usually has the latest boat, so hopefully I'll get to evaluate the new hull from both ends of the line.

• Baller

Right there with you Ilivetoski.  My '05 LXI skis and tracks awsome (despite what the Bu haters here say...) and I wouldn't trade it for the newer version hull even across.  It's pretty much everyone I ski withs favorite boat.  I run it in the local INT tournaments alongside a promo 197, pretty much everyone (especially the lower speeed skiers) want to ski my boat rather than the 197 (personally I like the newer 197's though FWIW).  I am anxious to ski/drive the TXI though and see what she's got.  Maybe in another 10 years I'll actually be able to afford one (a 10 year old one I mean...).  I'm driving INT Regionals in Little Rock Sept. 15 - 17, I'm hoping the host sponsor (Malibu dealer) has one for the tournament.

Ed

• Baller
Skied the world record signed Chris Parrish 200 last year at Skiwatch.  It was hands down the best wake I have ever skied from 28 thru 38 off...like the Sanger for a bare footer. Rumor has it the boat was running ACME.  
Just returned from 6 rounds behind the 200 with a prop that allows the boat to be certified for jump (OJ?).  I skied well but was expecting God's own slalom wake again and was underwhelmed.  Opener at 28 had hard bump in the center similar to MC or BU.  32, 35, 38 were fine.  It was not a big bump...no better/worse than Bu or MC, but not the magic I experienced from same boat last year where it was gee whiz.
Got to drive it for practice.  Tracks like a train, hole shot good, sight lines are great as the open boat is really low, but rpm's were really high. Quiet behind the boat and on shore due to muffler, but loud in the boat due to RPM.   I was pulling 36 mph skier at the time.
From talking to some in the know...Ideally I would still would want a 200, but probably w/6.0 liter and w/the right prop to both drop rpm and smooth the wake. 
Having said this...the young kids were dropping PB's like rain...so there must be something to that aspect of the wake as well.      

• Baller
6Balls, all 200's have Acme's, either a 654 or an 1868. There is an Acme jump specific 3 blade prop, but the standard props are certified for jump too. The other popular option with the 343, although not awsa approved is the use of an Acme 422. It drops the rpm about 500 in comparison to the 1868 and 100 from the 654.  You wouldn't want to pull a 200ft jumper with the 422, though.