Connelly V.....

bxroads

I keep reading about the step bottom of the CoX, the new Connellys, and the S2. I've read reviews on the CoX but have not read where anyone has rode the V (Horton's search engine isn't the best in the world but I'm not complaining). Anybody? I'm a beginner skiing 30mph in the course and see where Marine Products is selling them for $350.

• Administrators

69 COX is a big ski.

The COX is really a short line ski at a killer price.

The V is more of a upper mid level ski. Super forgiving and fun but not really a shoreline ski.

You need to look at your skiing and ask: Do you need more performance or forgiveness

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

Hey, I saw that video of the 8 year old ripping it up. Maybe I need the bigger ski.

I know don't really need a performance ski (I am an open water skier), that is why I thought of the 69" CoX SL as it the larger size would provide some extra forgiveness. I am also close to borderline on size (6'1" and 195lbs). I have a friend at HO so they end up the same price for me. I have been on a 2009 67" Senate C for the past two seasons and it just feels a bit too small for me. Plus I want to see if the step bottom tech is really where it is at.

• Baller_
Two cents. Having been on the COXsl for a few weeks, at 34mph shortline, I would agree with JTH in that it is a shortline ski. The step bottom IMHO creates speed where and when you need it and little else. I am not convinced that the step aspect to the design of the ski adds stability. That may rest in the bevels, rocker, tunnel depth, overall shape etc.. The ski can be overturned if pushed and can throw you out the front like any other other high end skis. Have had 0 experience with the V. But from Johns review, sounds like that ski would be a better fit. Bigger may not translate to stability either. I would say if you were questioning whether or not the Prohecy or the CoX were a better suit for you, you would be making a fair comparison. A great $ deal on a CoX from your buddy might feel good in the wallet but not feel so good under foot.