Goode Fire Mid first ride

ForrestGump

My 65" 188 AMP Nano Mid twist RFF specs:

Front boot = 29.25" (rotated 3/16" clockwise)

Rear boot = 17.56" (rotated 9/16" counter-clockwise)

DFT = 0.725 (Slot Caliper)

Depth = 2.445

Length = 6.819

Wing = 8 degrees

No Raley Ventral

My 2011 average score went up by 2 buoys on the Nano compared to 2010.

Ok I'm this close to drinking some orange/black or probably the white/black kool aid. After reading this and other threads.

Currently on a 2011 68" Strada. Into 38 at 34.

Any Goode ski suggestions welcome.

How do you do this?

" Still ended up on my 9900 Mid after 3 weeks on the Nano and ended up at 29.375 after riding it at 29.50 and 29.25. My next try will be a 65" Mid Nano with NO twist to see if it is faster then my current setup."

Are you purchasing all these skis, or do you get to try before you buy?

Is there such a thing as an end of year sale at Goode that I should wait for?

thanks

I don't see the "untwisted" version of the Nano on the Goode web site yet. Is this a custom order that you must request? A friend of mine has a Nano without the twist, but his still says "twist" and "Dual Rocker Technology" on the rear of the ski.

I ride the twisted version. Best ski I have ever owned. More consistant and my tournament buoy count has increased.

• Baller

Joe, I made it out of four last night. I'm figuring out how to turn at 35 now. Skiing with Chad and Charles really helped this week. Not saying I won't fall on my opener at your place, though! LOL

Chad set it up for me while we were there. 6.820 jaws(Goode/Dipol flat jaws), 2.500, .720 with slot caliper.

• Baller

Ran 35 for the first time last night and got 1 1/2 at 38. I've been averaging 2 at 35 in practice. Tonight, Charles grabbed my ski and put the wing at 10 degrees and said "trust it". Went down on my opener at 22 because I was all of a sudden able to move on the ski, so I found myself testing the limits and found them at 5 ball. LOL. Then ran straight up through 35 and into 38. Gave up the handle to early in the headwind and plastered myself on the buoy at 2. LOL

So that's an increase in my practice pb of 6 buoys since getting on the Fire 6 weeks ago.

• Baller

JP - those were rides 4 - 6 on the Fusion. Rides 5 - 7 behind ZO this year (sorry, couldn't resist). Ride 1 was a test ride. Rides 2 & 3 were actual sets two days before the tourney. So far liking what I feel but it will have to continue next year.

Strada was a good ski and I skied it for 2 full seasons. I did have some consistant off side issues but it is the first Herb design (I guess Rossi & camp) I could ski on decent. That ski actully has made a big difference performance wise for many people I know. Anyway, looking forward to seeing, & possibly skiing, with you next year. Take care.

• Baller
Jim - I was pretty stoked to be at a tournament and watching folks such as yourself running into and beyond 38 off. It was even cooler to find that the best skiers were also the nicest folks. Next year I hope to make it to every tournament within a 700 mile radius that my wife agrees to!