This makes me want to sell my skis and move to the beach

Horton

• Baller
Nice clip. You want to move to Indonesia? I don't blame you. JTH - do you surf? As soon as my tournament season is over I'm going on a surf/fish trip to Baja. Can't wait. Also, going to Gordon's new place in Puerto Escondido next Spring. PE is one of the premier beach breaks in mainland Mex. Not the prime time of year for waves there, but then during the best time of year the waves would scare the living ____ out of me. Would love to go on a boat or land trip to Indo as well.

• Baller

I was a surfer for 15 years before I picked up Waterskiing when I moved to Texas in 1999.

I lived in Hawaii for 4 years and California for another 11. Waterski jumping is the closest I can get to big wave surfing. Too bad I didn't start until I was 40. If I could have charged the ramp like I did the north shore I might be good.

Problem with surfing is it isn't very conducive to family life or having a decent job. When the surf is good you gotta go which doesn't usually coincide with the rest of your life. However when its good and you get a stand up barrel you remember it forever. I still remember some of my best waves like it was yesterday, cant say the same for my best pass through the slalom course.

• Baller
One other note. Best part of waterskiing is the people. Waterskiing has a lot of top notch people who are a credit to the human race. Unfortunately surfing cant say the same. There are a lot of not so savory folks out in the line up of the best breaks, and the hassle factor is a real drag. Walk up to the best lakes anywhere in the world and the average water ski person will loan you a ski give you a pull, feed you dinner and offer the shirt off his back. This is what makes me love the sport.

I grew up in Santa Cruz CA. Surfer first then water skiing then snow skiing. Still hit Hawaii every Dec (Kona) and multiple trips to the left coast every year. I still build surfboards when I get the chance. LOVE IT !!!!!!!

Like disland says surfing the wrong beach or stealing someones line or wave can get get you FUBARed

• Baller

JTH - Just in case you ever decide to go back to it - do not take up SUP'ing and get in the lineup. SUP on a lake, SUP on a river, SUP on the open ocean, but don't SUP at a break unless you are a competent surfer. Just sayin'.

Kona - I've made four boards. Two fish, one quad, and one bonzer. 5'10" to 6'4". Wish I could make slalom skis.