New strada pictures from nationals??

rq0013

• Baller
I am probably gonna screw this up, but the changes were explained to me as the carbon was laid at an angle instead of 90 degrees. This makes the ski more likely to resist rotational torsion, ie an easier edge change. Also as a result the ski has a softer flex.

• Baller_
Ok, I'll throw a curve ball. Was told by a skier from Texas that he rode a prototype Radar that was a mid ride. He normally skies on a 67. This was a 65 Radar ski. I found no reason not to believe him. Anyone hear of such a thing?

• Baller
I and a number of other skiers had permanent trouble getting the 67" Strada to turn the offside. Just made a big turn. Tried all the adjustments you can name short of filing the ski. I loved the way the ski felt and it was the best onside turn I ever had (onside is my nemesis). The 66" turned fine. I am too big for it though. Does anyone know if the new layup addresses this.

• Baller
I am riding a 69.5" Strada. Bitching turns on both sides. Fin is set up per Matt Rini, so you may need to talk with him. I am finding that the ski also skis better behind a ZO boat set at B2. I find it odd that a ski rides best behind a certain ZO setting. Other skis I have rode didn't much matter. Just a thought though, it may be that the 7" wide forebody is turning really well. I would what a Senate C would ski like layed up like a Strada?

• Baller

I'll echo what ktm300 said, however, mines a 66 (2010). I've had a love hate relationship with this ski for almost two years now. The offside will not finish with anyones stock binding/fin settings. What it feels like is, the tip slides down course at the finish of the turn and I'm left with no angle. Or rather the tip doesn't stay engaged through the entire turn.

Right now, I'm 2.495, 6.861, .765, 9 degrees and my bindings are a full inch forward of stock. It seems this binding forward is a common theme in our area. I question whether this may be related to our water temp. I have never skied this ski in anything warmer than about 75 degree water. I also wonder if the ski is too stiff for my weight and causing it to act the way it does. I weigh 150lbs and was told 66 was definitely the ski for me. I'd really like to try a 65.

The good review for this ski is, it has helped me cure a few flaws in my skiing because of the longer turn radius. And that's why I've stuck with it. In this two year period I have tried my other/older ski on occasion and did not feel it would benifit me, or be worth switching back to.

• Baller
If you are having trouble on your offside, you should get your feet closer together. This should improve your offside and the tradeoff it hurt your onside just a little. It seems to me that those who ski with rear toe strap have the best off side turns. But those who run dbl boot have the best on side turns. Just my two cents.

• Baller
Ktm300 and jlittle. Same exact problem for me. Amazing onside turn but struggle getting a tight off side. Really have to soften and bent my knees alot to get the tip to settle in and carve. I weigh 190 riding a 67. Using Rossi's numbers. Tried the 66 and it turned awesome on the offside but just to small to be stable enough.