Ski Test SansRival rides 6 & 7

Horton

• Administrators
I am not 100% sure about the settings but it is easy to ride. I was worried that this ski was going to be a mess and I was going to hate it... Why do I have to love all these skis so much?!? The guys at SkiWest that have purchased Elites and Razors are looking at me like "What? No Stop!"

• Baller
Seriously, from the video.......that ski looks better under you than any of the others have. You just look comfortable on it. I know you really liked the fusion but the videos I saw of you on it, you had a lot of body movement. On this thing you're locked in.

• Administrators

You guys write what ever you want... I feel like I within the skis test, I need to not directly compair skis ....

@skibug "no" is all I am going to say.

What happened to test 3,4,& 5. I rode an Elite before I got my Sans, It is an SR1 but it is supposed to be a soft version. Could be a pre SR2. The Elite is very fast but has a very small sweet spot at the ball. The Sans is a great ski, very fast, very stable, large sweet spot, and predictable at the ball. It seems to make smooth turns or radical turns if needed.

• Administrators
I had bad settings for rides 3-5. Not much to say. I have good settings now. I am on track to understand the ski and round some balls.

• Baller
I should have thought before I asked you that questions as I know you are trying to be unbias and not necessarily compare one ski to another. I do have a fair question for you though; and it is sort of a highjack of this thread. In all seriousness, do you think you will ever land on one solitary ski that you will ride for better than 1 year? I think we all wind up with a favorite ski, eventually.

• Baller
I've got a line on a 68 SR2 for a really good price. I just have a hard time buying it since I weigh 172lbs, even though it's cheap enough that I could get my money out of it if I didn't like it. It's one of the two skis I wanted to try after Regionals. I tried the MidRide Sunday and kind of liked the way it came back under me at the finish of the turn. But it was more effort to ski than the Elite. Grrrrr. I like the effortless ride of the elite, but would like a bigger sweet spot to stand in.

• Baller
@ Ed Johnson; I have tried the pre production quattro. I can see the potential, but I am told the production ride is mucho different. I have not had the chance to get ahold of one (since adam is gone). I would like to giver a go.

• Baller

Joe,

I wish they could take the Twist out, since I believe that is what is giving me fits. Seems to catch, "Tip Bite," coming off the apex on the offside turns and causes the ski to porpoise up and down on it's edge. Game over. Happens at least once per set, especially as the rope gets shorter. Have not run one 38 on it yet. More than frustrating.