D3 Fusion Review

Horton

• Baller

Right now here's where I'm at for settings on the 66 - 6.915, 2.495, .735 flat, 7 degrees (screws up) and bindings are 29.5. I think this is pretty much stock except for depth. I shallowed it up for the tournament. From the feed back I got I have a little tip rise on both sides.

It's interesting to me Darwin is talking about moving the fin longer as that's what I'm thinking about doing doing next. Or maybe moe it back a little. Or bindings forward one hole. Or ride the 65. I'm going to give the 66 another ride or two with someone watching. I'm open to suggestions. ?

The water temp we're skiing now is in the low 70's and where I ski high 70's is the norm at the hottest. That said the tournament sites I ski will be hotter (80's) in the summer. The 66 will be more managable at these sites and the reason I think I'll stick with it.

What I'm feeling with this ski is... if your up over the ski approaching the turn, and through the turn, it carves evenly on both sides and is effortless to ride. I ran a ridiculously easy 35 the first time on it. Also ran one in the tourney and had another going. If I came through my edge change and approacehd the turn more on the tail I struggled. Things are winding down for us rapidly in the next couple weeks so I may be waiting 'til next year to seriously dial it in but right now it's a keeper.

• Baller

On a 67", I am using 6.904", 2.510", .765" Flat, 7° wing. I tried longer with very cold water and it did not work for me. Today was what I would call the first day of the season, Will play around in a few days, for the moment the ski is working better than the skier.

• Baller
First ride on 68" - I tried 6.910 / 2.500 / .745 as a starting point because I've always used shorter settings that stock on D3's. Ward rode it longer (6.928). I think 6.910 is too short so I'm going to split the difference to 6.920. The DFT is fine. Depth is subjective but it feels fine. Perhaps could go shallower but I'll address depth last. The 30.5 w/ bindings is fine.

Lucky for me my wife has a big conference that she has to go to for work so her ticket and the hotel is paid for. I usually balk when my wife wants me to come along on these trips with her. When she told me it was in Orlando this year my ears pirked up.

My old ski is finally giving up the ghost after two full seasons of my abuse. Time for a new one.

And remember, its NOT a ski trip, its a family vacation.

• Baller
I'm slowly working my way back to my RCX/Z7 fin settings. I've been floating between 6.915 and 6.230 w/ fin depth at 2.500. Last night I put my RCX numbers on the ski 6.904/ 2.504 - ski moved out much better off the 2nd wake for me. I'll be working down to my Z7 setting (6.875) by the weekend for comparision. I've always run my D3's shorter than stock but considering how well folks are skiing at or around stock, I've stayed there in order to get comfortable on the ski.

• Baller
I'm slowly working my way back to my RCX/Z7 fin settings. I've been floating between 6.915 and 6.230 w/ fin depth at 2.500. Last night I put my RCX numbers on the ski 6.904/ 2.504 - ski moved out much better off the 2nd wake for me. I'll be working down to my Z7 setting (6.875) by the weekend for comparision. I've always run my D3's shorter than stock but considering how well folks are skiing at or around stock, I've stayed there in order to get comfortable on the ski.