Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

My (brief) experience with the One Handed Gate

Laz

• Baller

After thinking it was just a gimmick, I finally decided to learn the one-handed gate. I had only run 28' off 3 times, usually with a helpful headwind. I kept getting lousy gates, poor acceleration and would ski straight to ball one, turn and get slack. I learnt the theory behind the one-handed gate from Paul Roberts here at SummerSki, tried it out a few times then practiced it for two days of free skiing.

Then, I took it to the course. After a few passes to work out the timing, I suddenly made it up the line and to 5@32' off, 34mph. Very exciting. That was almost a full pass improvement with the one-handed gate. Now I'm a believer but I gotta keep working to prevent this from being just a lucky set.

• Baller
Wade Cox has my son working on the 1 handed gate. I am not sure he is fully comfortable with it but he did get a tournament pb this weekend. It is a little more of a hybrid right now but he is getting more comfortable with it.

• Baller

Laz, Don't say you are a bad skier. You have a lot of natural ability and have progressed very quickly in the amount of time you have been course skiing. To put things in perspective, we were at the same level 2 years ago and I am still slogging away at 22 off.

T.